Gillian Lucky

Gillian Lucky - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 25th Sep, 2014 - 11:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Discuss  Gillian Lucky Wear Tie Personality - Parliamentarian, former head of the PCA, Gillian Lucky: "Why I Wear A Tie", singer, politician and lawyer
20th May, 2007 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

Gillian Lucky

I am sure you have noticed Ms. Gillian Lucky always dress in a man's suit with tie included but why does she wear a tie? According to her: "To send the message that I am Trinbagonian before I am anything else. Trinidad and Tobago must come first". Go figure.

international QUOTE
OPPOSITION Parliamentarian Gillian Lucky, who recently added a tie to her distinctive wardrobe of dark tailored pant suits and buttoned-down shirts, yesterday revealed to Sunday Newsday that she is making a strong statement with the addition to her attire.

"I am wearing this tie to send the message that I am Trinbagonian before I am anything else. Trinidad and Tobago must come first," she explained.

Lucky wears the striking tie, in the national colours of red, white and black, in her official capacity as a Member of Parliament. It is a way, she said, of expressing her pride in TT and her determination to put country above everything else, including political affiliations.

The outspoken Pointe-a-Pierre MP, a member of the Congress of the People (COP), said the tie is also a way of demonstrating her objection to a long-held practice by top officials of the People's National Movement (PNM) of wearing ties with the party's symbol, the balisier, at government functions.

Lucky feels so strongly about the message conveyed by her national tie, she acquired a dozen of them and shared them among her colleagues on the Opposition back benches in Parliament. She also gave a tie to a PNM MP - she didn't give his name - after he asked her for one.

Reinforcing her stance on the tie, Lucky declared: "I put country first... This is who I am. I am of mixed Indian culture. I plan to learn to play the pan."

According to the MP, putting TT first is one of the ways of dealing with the problem of discrimination, an issue she addressed recently when she was the keynote speaker at a luncheon hosted by the Rotary Club of Central Port-of-Spain...

Gillian Lucky
Gillian Lucky (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
22nd Mar, 2008 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

Lucky Gillian

I am wearing this tie to send the message that I am Trinbagonian before I am anything else.

I do not see what one has to do with the other, but on a similar sound: Gillian Lucky resigned from the COP and says she is now putting the country first. What does this mean?

24th Mar, 2008 - 6:00am / Post ID: #

Gillian Lucky Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I'm looking at this differently. If Gillian bails out now then it means she does not have staying power. She left the UNC and now she left the COP, after two times I think they consider it a pattern, not so?

26th Mar, 2008 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

Lucky Gillian

Gillian Lucky resigned from the COP and says she is now putting the country first. What does this mean?

I believe that she is a typical Trini: "all mouth and no action to support her words!" I would never trust her because she does not seem to have any loyalty to anyone. I regard her as a "female version" of Basdeo Panday. She seems to put herself first before anyone else. Her statement about "putting the country first" speaks volumes about the kind of individual she really is. I suspect that she even forgets the reason why she joins any party because she is too concerned with the debating and the bacchanal that goes on in the political arena. I was under the impression that she joined COP because she wanted to make a difference in this country. But to turn around and say, you are leaving the party because you want to put the country first? That does not make any sense to me! Oh yes, I almost forgot, if anyone dares to cross her or do not agree with her views, she is the first one to walk out. At least, that is how it appears to me........ Her resignation is a big fat disappointment for me!

1st Oct, 2009 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Lucky Gillian

I saw she was made a temporary High Court judge today after being a lawyer for the past 18 years. I will be interested to read some of her rulings.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2013 - 10:52am / Post ID: #

Gillian Lucky

Name: Carterg

Title: Gillian lucky

Comments: I have often questioned Gillian Lucky's sexual orientation (Dresses like a male, looks like a male) although I am a firm supporter of " To each her own", but her comment regarding why she dresses as a man, borders on the near ridiculous.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Sep, 2014 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Gillian Lucky

Since Gillian Lucky stepped down from the PCA does that mean she is looking for a seat in the upcoming election? I wonder if she left because her hands were always tied with the red tape that made it difficult to investigate cases concerning police?

25th Sep, 2014 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

Gillian Lucky Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

She is supposed to be a high court judge now, I guess the perks are better and she does not have to be on TV all the time about bad cop investigations.

> TOPIC: Gillian Lucky

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,