China College Forces Pregnancy Tests

China College Forces Pregnancy Tests - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 23rd Aug, 2007 - 12:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Officials at the technical college in Urumqi, the capital of the far western region of Xinjiang, are defending the compulsory pregnancy tests as benefiting both the college and the students who attend.
Post Date: 22nd May, 2007 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

China College Forces Pregnancy Tests

China College Forces Pregnancy Tests on Students, Abortion Worries

Beijing, China (LifeNews.com) -- China has long been at the center of forced abortion controversies with its one-child policy that prohibits families there from having additional children. Now, news that a college in the Asian nation is forcing its female students to submit to pregnancy tests is furthering those fears. Officials at the technical college in Urumqi, the capital of the far western region of Xinjiang, are defending the compulsory pregnancy tests as benefiting both the college and the students who attend. Urumqi officials say they have been using the forced pregnancy testing system for years and that students who test positive are forced to leave the college. "We are a closed boarding school. Every year we ask new students to take routine health checks. The pregnancy tests are just a part of that. This is a duty toward the students and families," one unnamed college spokesman told Beijing News. The school has students as young as 17 but most would be considered college-aged students in the United States. Girls aged 17 and 18 comprised about 80 percent of the incoming freshman class. The News indicated that the girls were herded into a hall on campus and they were forced to give urine samples to doctors present to conduct the pregnancy tests.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/int294.html

Sponsored Links:
23rd May, 2007 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Tests Pregnancy Forces College China

What? Are these people crazy or what? How are they going to force pregnancy tests on women! It is madness. How is that going to be of benefit to these women and their families? I don't get it. I am absolutely against it and I think it's an abuse of power.

23rd Aug, 2007 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

China College Forces Pregnancy Tests UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

If the student can study through it then that is THEIR choice. I really feel for the people in China, almost half the Threads within this Community seems to show China as clamping down on every freedom we in the Western World take for granted. If you want to study - belly or not that should be your choice - can you imagine being subjected to this and you are a virgin?

> TOPIC: China College Forces Pregnancy Tests

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,