Fasting As A Diet - Page 2 of 4

JB, How often should one fast to get these - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 10th Aug, 2007 - 9:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
  Fasting As Diet
28th May, 2007 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

Fasting As A Diet - Page 2

QUOTE (Joheri)
So, basically you mean fasting as a means of periodical cleansing of the "system"?

Yes, that is what I was saying in my initial Post and reply to LDS_forever. Also, I am trying to make the point that if you miss a meal (breakfast or lunch or dinner) then one should not have a panic attack or begin to feel sick, in fact one should be in a status of self control that will enable you to not feel a need for it whatsoever until the next meal.

Four days on water alone must be invigorating wink.gif.

Rather off topic, but...
Two things, we have a Survival Board and a Military Board both of which your expertise will be well appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links:
28th May, 2007 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Diet As Fasting

I agree that most of the time when we skip a meal and we say we feel hungry is in fact food stimulation than hunger. Nobody died for missing some meals. wink.gif What about children? How can fasting be a benefit for small kids? Should they fast at all? At what age it should be recommended to start this?

28th May, 2007 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Fasting As A Diet Health & Special Psychology

I do not think Children should fast, and when I say Children I refer to those under 12. I believe teenagers can start to fast as it prepares their system for adulthood. Of course all of this is in my opinion - one should always seek professional advice first.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2007 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

Fasting As A Diet
A Friend

Page 2 Diet As Fasting

I have fasted for both religous and dietary purposes on two different occasions. What I have noticed the first time I fasted, I was praying , singing, reading the bible, my mind was totally focused on God, I was not hungry at all. On the other hand when I did fast to loose weight I was weak and fatigue , had the most painful headaches ,my stomach had this burning sensation and I found myself eating twice as much the next day. I felt so hungry I thought nothing was able to satisfy me and I am really not exaggerating, it was a terrible experience.

Recenlty, I lost some weight and one of the reasons why I was fat in the first place was because I didn't eat properly. I would have eaten, something like one meal a day and when I did eat the next time my body stored all the fat ,I lost nothing and gained twice as much. So it is quite evident that fasting as diet is unhealthy and unsucessful, at least for me. However I can't explain why, but I know for a fact fasting for religous purposes I a completley different and opposite experience and at that point the body doesn't seem to be under any pressure at all.

2nd Jun, 2007 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Diet As Fasting

I would say some things in answer to post above...

1. When you fast to lose weight you are making the first big mistake

2. Fasting as I have described is about self control and body cleansing, if you lose weight that is a secondary issue, but is not the primary reason.

3. I think people see 'diet' and think it means losing weight. "Diet" is about a way of eating for a purpose. The purpose in this case is NOT about fat reduction.

4. I think when you reach the stage of doing proper fasts (you are obviously not ready) you will find food a non-issue

I am personally able to work all day and fast, in fact today I moved a whole bunch of furniture without any food. Later in the evening I had just a few biscuits and that was it - no hunger pangs, no starved feeling.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2007 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

Fasting As A Diet
A Friend

Fasting As A Diet

There are better alternatives than 'fasting'. I strongly advise fasting in any way. It is better if you eat well-balanced meals in Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and then exercise after. You will lose weight faster, it is much safer, and ultimately, its healther for your body.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Aug, 2007 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Fasting As Diet - Page 2

QUOTE (Touchstone)
I strongly advise fasting in any way.

You mean you strongly advise against...? What makes you feel the typical 'balanced' meals three times a day is better than fasting? At the start of this Thread I was sure to point out that the idea that we must have 'x' meal with 'x' items is nothing more than extra commercialized hype to get you to utilize more of 'x' produce like meat and milk - something we can all do less of when we calculate our needs vs. intake. How many times have you felt that you do not need to eat breakfast or lunch or dinner. Better yet, when you are sick do you feel to eat more or less? Fasting has its purpose, without it the body would have no time to recuperate. Keep in mind the terminology of breakFAST has a reasoning, but I dare say that breakfast should happen much later in the day.

10th Aug, 2007 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

Fasting As Diet Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

JB,

How often should one fast to get these benefits?
You are not advocating this as an everyday thing are you, because my body is so conditioned to the 3 meals a day kick that missing a meal or two daily would would be more then I would want to bear.

I don't mind a monthly fast or even once a week, but more then that I am not sure.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Fasting As A Diet

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,