Legacy

Legacy - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Sep, 2007 - 1:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

A Mormon Journey
26th May, 2007 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Legacy

Legacy

What are your thoughts about the Church movie, 'Legacy'? Please review the acting, backgrounds, music, etc.

QUOTE (wikipedia)
Legacy: A Mormon Journey is a 53-minute film produced by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Legacy depicts the life of two recent converts from the 1830s to the 1890s. This movie was produced for the purpose of being shown in the newly constructed theatre, the Legacy Theatre, in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.

Legacy
Legacy (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
28th May, 2007 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

Legacy

It was a nice movie. The first time I saw it was when I was in Salt Lake City and they were only showing it over there. I was impressed by the whole production, music, some of the characters, acting in general was pretty decent, it was one of those major movies the Church ever made. I was not very impressed by the choice of the leading female actress as I heard she made other movies in the past where she was...let's say...without much clothes, at the same time we are speaking about a movie and at the time of the production it did not exist this LDS acting-boom we see nowdays.

28th May, 2007 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

Legacy Studies Doctrine Mormon

The first time I saw it too was in Salt Lake City just when it came out. I too was impressed with it, but was a bit taken aback by the lead actress who acted in some other not so Church worthy movies. After Legacy the Church started to introduce many requirements for actors because other Members who noticed the girl objected.

Really, this should not matter in the movie, but I guess for folks who were actually watching a film about their ancestors they only wanted the best and most untarnished reputations to be involved in the production and portrayal.

As for the film I think was well made and brought in a new era in film making. I wish there was more emphasis on building up who the characters were, it seemed to ride on the fact that the viewer already knows a lot about Joseph Smith, the Church and the conviction of it all.

21st Sep, 2007 - 6:57am / Post ID: #

Legacy

Hi-
This is my first attempt at posting a reply, but have been checking out the different areas and loving it. I was thinking about your comments and it made me wonder why they don't hire LDS actors/actresses? I know for the Work and the Glory only one of the major characters were LDS. I also realize this wasn't a movie put out by the LDS church--but am wondering about the ones they show in the Joseph Smith Building in Salt Lake. I saw that a month ago when I went there for Education week.
Thanks,
KC

21st Sep, 2007 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Legacy

AlaskanLDS:

I was thinking about your comments and it made me wonder why they don't hire LDS actors/actresses? I know for the Work and the Glory only one of the major characters were LDS.

Unfortunately, there are not enough "professional" LDS actors/actresses but now is slowly increasing. The budget is usually low so is the salary but actors need to eat and pay bills! smile.gif

In the case of Legacy, it was a huge production at the time it was filmed...hence they hired known actors to fulfill certain roles.

Rather off topic, but...
The LDS and non-LDS movie productions are trying to focus on quality acting rather than hire just LDS actors/actresses. Look at the quality of acting of "The Other Side of Heaven" and "The Book of Mormon movie". Now I know we are speaking about one having a pretty big budget and the other one almost none BUT the acting in the second one is very poor.

> TOPIC: Legacy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,