Iran Politics - Page 4 of 10

Iran has expelled the Canadian Ambassador - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Dec, 2007 - 1:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »
Politics in Iran
2nd Aug, 2007 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics - Page 4

Vincenzo, not only that but if you plan to create prisons that are so big as to have schools, hospitals and taxi services is because as you said not only you plan to fill them but lock up people for very long periods of time.

In Evin (where this Frenchman was held) it is forbidden to take pictures of the prison surroundings. Just four years ago, an Iranian-Canadian female photograher (Zahra Kazemi) was arrested for taking pictures of the prison and was beat up to death while in custody. It is reported that she was raped, her fingernails removed, her toes crushed, her skull crushed between other horrible things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zahra_Kazemi

https://www.cbc.ca/news/background/kazemi/

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2007 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

Iran Politics
A Friend

Politics Iran

The impact of having lost my own mother in the hands of terrorists affect me until this day so please, please just remain silent on this issue!

I am truly sorry for your experience. Perhaps saying you were defending terrorists was a bit harsh. I apologise. Obviously someone with your background would never sympathise with terrorists. I don't think you were very much aware of the MEK before this discussion. You definitely weren't aware that they were a terrorist organisation.

It would help me alot and would be a gesture of good faith if you can just show me that you consider MEK (which Alireza Jafarzadeh is a part) as a terrorist organisation and that you are in complete solidarity with the Iranian people against them. That is all I ask. You haven't explicitly done this yet.

As far as Vincenzo and his points I will add my opinion to those after I get an answer from LDS_forever.

3rd Aug, 2007 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics History & Civil Business Politics

Karbala, we are going completly offtopic on this whole issue. I made myself very clear (in my last statement to you) that I am not going to make any more statements about that issue anymore, so please respect that.

Please keep on topic and reply to Vincenzo and the following points made if you wish.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2007 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics
A Friend

Page 4 Politics Iran

The topic is "Iran Politics" of which MEK terrorism is a part of. Therefore I am not going offtopic.

I am not going to make any more statements about that issue anymore, so please respect that.

You are beginning to worry me. Its a simple question, do you or do you not consider the MEK organisation to be a terrorist organisation? All you have to say is YES or NO.

I know you have had a terrible past and I respect that. But can you also respect my feelings and the feelings of the whole Iranian nation by simply responding to a simple request to condemn these people? This is important to me, I cant let it go.

3rd Aug, 2007 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

Politics Iran

I can understand not allowing pictures to be taken of a prison. It would be a prerequisite for a escape attempt. However, the story of this photo journalist is pretty disturbing. The confirmation of torture then the denial is pretty odd to say the least, not to mention the hurried burial of the body. I remember hearing of her death but not the details. I guess I understand why now...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

4th Aug, 2007 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics

QUOTE (Karbala)
It would help me alot and would be a gesture of good faith if you can just show me that you consider MEK (which Alireza Jafarzadeh is a part) as a terrorist organisation

From what I read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mujahideen-e_Khalq it would seem that this organization (MEK) is terrorist based. Maybe their information on nuclear activities was just a front to enable a take over of government eventually because of outside pressure. Now, we are talking about Iran here, a place that does NOT have a great face internationally for being upfront and factual on her activities, so anything is possible. Truly for me, it does not matter who it is... when you are in a fanatical country where they mix religion, politics and threats all as normal life anything seems to go and accusations seem to fly. One thing I can tell you... I am glad I am not living in Iran and hope not to be anywhere near it! I cannot stand anyone imposing their religious dogma on me.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Nov, 2007 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics - Page 4

This people just makes me sick. According to Mohsen Yahyavi (a highest-ranked official) gays deserve to be tortured and killed. What is wrong with these people? angry.gif

Homosexuals deserve to be executed or tortured and possibly both, an Iranian leader told British MPs during a private meeting at a peace conference, The Times has learned.

Mohsen Yahyavi is the highest-ranked politician to admit that Iran believes in the death penalty for homosexuality after a spate of reports that gay youths were being hanged.

President Ahmadinejad, questioned by students in New York two months ago about the executions, dodged the issue by suggesting that there were no gays in his country.

Britain regularly challenges Iran about its gay hangings, stonings and executions of adulterers and perceived moral criminals, Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) papers show.

The latest row involves a woman hanged this June in the town of Gorgan after becoming pregnant by her brother. He was absolved after expressing his remorse. Britain said that this demonstrated the unequal treatment of men and women in law and breached Iran's pledge to restrict the death penalty to the most serious crimes.

A series of reported executions of gays, including two underage boys whose public hanging was posted on the internet, has alarmed human rights campaigners.

4th Dec, 2007 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Iran Politics Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Iran has expelled the Canadian Ambassador in that country. I wonder how all this is going to affect their relations as well as other countries in similar situations.

Iran has expelled Canada's ambassador, Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Maxime Bernier has said in a statement.

"Canada regrets the decision of the government of Iran to order our ambassador to leave Tehran, which is entirely unjustifiable," he said.

He said the move came after Ottawa failed to approve Iran's proposed diplomatic representation to Canada.

He said the Canadian embassy in Iran would be headed by Canada's charge d'affaires for the time being.

"As always, Canada remains prepared to receive an Iranian ambassador provided a suitable candidate is presented," Mr Bernier said...

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Iran Politics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,