Iran Politics - Page 6 of 10

Who Really Won? Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has won - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Jun, 2009 - 3:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Politics in Iran
8th Apr, 2008 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics - Page 6

Actually, there is a Post from News HERE that says it's 6,000.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
18th May, 2008 - 5:21am / Post ID: #

Politics Iran

I can't wait to read Iran's leaders side of the story. Who says freedom of religion takes place in Iran?

Six Baha'I leaders in Iran were seized and imprisoned this week, the religious group said. The act prompted condemnation and concern from the movement and a top American religious freedom panel.

A U.S. panel says attacks on Iran's Baha'is have increased since Mahmoud Ahmadinejad became president.

Iranian intelligence agents searched the homes of the six on Wednesday and then whisked them away, according to the Baha'I's World News Service. The report said the six are in Evin prison and that the arrests follow the detention in March of another Baha'I leader.

The Iranian Foreign Ministry could not immediately be reached for comment, and the incident has not been mentioned in Iran's state-run media.

"Their only crime is their practice of the Baha'I faith," said Bani Dugal, the principal representative of the Baha'I international community to the United Nations.

The U.S. State Department issued a statement Friday "strongly" condeming the arrests, which it said were "a clear violation of the Iranian regime's international commitments and obligations to respect international religious freedom norms.

"We urge the authorities to release all Baha'is currently in detention and cease their ongoing harassment of the Iranian Baha'I community," the U.S. statement said.

The group -- regarded as the largest non-Muslim religious minority in Iran -- says the arrests are reminiscent of roundups and killings of Baha'is that took place in Iran two decades ago.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

29th May, 2008 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics History & Civil Business Politics

Ahmadinejad wants to meet the Pope. If this meeting takes place will not only be historical but a VERY interesting meeting.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has requested a meeting with Pope Benedict XVI, a diplomatic source told The Australian newspaper on Tuesday. A meeting between the political and spiritual leader would be a first.

Ahmadinejad, who has previously called for Israel to be wiped off the map, is among the heads of state expected to attend the June 3-5 United Nations summit on global food security in Rome.

Sources at The Australian that it is unclear whether the pope will meet directly with state leaders attending the U.N. summit or if he will instead hold a single gathered event.

The Vatican has previously criticized Ahmadinejad for his scathing remarks toward Israel.

The pontiff has repeatedly encouraged diplomacy as a means of resolving the standoff over Iran's disputed nuclear program, which the Israel and the U.S. believe is aimed at developing nuclear weapons...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2008 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 6 Politics Iran

Iraqi PM heads to Iran for talks

Iraqi PM Nouri Maliki travels to Tehran for talks aimed at ending alleged support for armed militants.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/m...ast/7441329.stm

Post Date: 24th May, 2009 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

Politics Iran

Iran 'blocks access to Facebook'

Iran has blocked access to social networking site Facebook ahead of presidential polls, an Iranian news agency reports. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2009 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics

Iranian State Media Calls Election

Iranian State Media Calls Election for Ahmadinejad; Rival Also Claims Victory [3:35 p.m. ET] Ref. ABC News

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jun, 2009 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics
A Friend

Iran Politics - Page 6

I believe we are going to see a lot of unrest in Iran over this vote. The opposition is saying that the current president stuffed boxes to make sure that he would win. It is going to be interesting to see what happens next.

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2009 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

Who Really Won?

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has won Iran's presidential election, officials say, but his nearest rival says the result is a 'dangerous charade'. Ref. BBC

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Iran Politics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,