Reading The Quran - Page 5 of 13

Ibrahim, another book full of repetition. - Page 5 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 13th Aug, 2007 - 7:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (13) »
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2007 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Reading The Quran
A Friend

Reading The Quran - Page 5

Reread one of my earlier posts and you will find an answer to your question. Ive posted it here for you.

1st person Plurals such as "we" or "our" are often used in the Arabic and hebrew languages as a mark of respect e.g elohim. In the Quran this usage is common alongside singular "I" and "Me". This is no surprise to experts of the arabic language. A simple proof is the islamic greeting Salam Alaikum which is actually plural "Peace be upon you all" but is also used when addressing one person.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Aug, 2007 - 6:40am / Post ID: #

Quran Reading

The book of Tauba in the Quran is very repetitive. If you do well Allah will reward you. If you are bad you will feel Allah's wrath. The following verse pretty well sums up the whole book.

Quran-Tauba 9:5 But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

3rd Aug, 2007 - 5:25am / Post ID: #

Reading The Quran Islam Studies

Book of Yunus
In this book Allah is given credit for the creation of the universe and the control of everything in it. There are many promises of rewards to believers and the promise of an abode in the fire for unbelievers. Again there is much repetition of Allah is great, good, and knows all. One passage I found interesting is the following, because of the discussion of the weight of an atom. I must be confused. I always thought the weight of an atom was a fairly recent discovery.

Quran-Yunus
10:61 In whatever business thou mayest be, and whatever portion thou mayest be reciting from the Qur'an,- and whatever deed ye (mankind) may be doing,- We are witnesses thereof when ye are deeply engrossed therein. Nor is hidden from thy Lord (so much as) the weight of an atom on the earth or in heaven. And not the least and not the greatest of these things but are recorded in a clear record.

Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2007 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

Reading The Quran
A Friend

Page 5 Quran Reading

Mousetrails:

All I have to do to answer 9:5 is to ask the reader to read the whole chapter and figure out the meaning and conditions of the verse himself/herself.

"Mithqal DHarra" can be translated as "weight of an atom". Dharra literally means a tiny tiny speck of material. It simply denotes a sense of a tiny particle.

The concept of an atom by the way has been around for millenia.

4th Aug, 2007 - 7:22am / Post ID: #

Quran Reading

Yes Karbola, I know, the ancient Greeks guessed there was an atom, but it wasn't proven until 1909.

Google- Chemistry Archive
Even as late as 1900 the existence of atoms was seriously doubted by able scientists (e.g. Mach), and from the point of view of many the definitive proof is the apparently unique explanation by Einstein in 1905 of "Brownian motion," the incessant jiggling of pollen grains visible under a microscope that is caused by its battering by the invisible molecules. The experiment in 1909 by Geiger and Marsden in the laboratory of Rutherford (alpha particle scattering from gold foil) is usually considered proof of the existence of the nucleus, although of course a nucleus implies an atom too.

The book of Hud says the same thing as the book before it. Allah is great, Allah is good, Allah knows all, and if you don't believe in Allah you will feel the fire. I found no threats, or hatred taught in the book of Hud.

5th Aug, 2007 - 6:24am / Post ID: #

Reading The Quran

The book of Yusuf
Ah, a story. An interesting story that I have heard many times, but not with such interesting descriptions and such flowery phrases. I read it so quickly that I went back and read it again. It is the old story of Joseph's brothers throwing him in the well, his being sold into slavery, and becoming powerful in the land of Egypt. The story is well told and of course carries the moral, "Be true to your religion, your God, and yourself, and you will always triumph in the end."

Yusuf was a good writer and ends his book with this paragraph.

Quran-Yusuf  12:111 There is, in their stories, instruction for men endued with understanding. It is not a tale invented, but a confirmation of what went before it,- a detailed exposition of all things, and a guide and a mercy to any such as believe.

I found no teaching of hatred, or killing in this book of the Quran

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Aug, 2007 - 5:59am / Post ID: #

Reading Quran - Page 5

Now we go back to the repetition. The whole book of Ra'd can be summed up in 5 of its lines. Allah is the creator of all things. Unbelievers will suffer in Hell. Believers earn a garden of perpetual bliss.

Quran-Ra'd
13:16  "(Allah) is the Creator of all things: He is the One, the Supreme and Irresistible."
13:18 For those who respond to their Lord, are (all) good things. But those who respond not to Him,- Even if they had all that is in the heavens and on earth, and as much more, (in vain) would they offer it for ransom. For them will the reckoning be terrible: their abode will be Hell,- what a bed of misery!
13:23 Gardens of perpetual bliss: they shall enter there, as well as the righteous among their fathers, their spouses, and their offspring: and angels shall enter unto them from every gate (with the salutation):

13th Aug, 2007 - 7:25am / Post ID: #

Reading Quran Studies Islam - Page 5

Ibrahim, another book full of repetition. If you could but know to read verses 2,4,7, and 23, You could save the time it takes to read all 52 verses. Everything belongs to Allah. We sent an apostle to make things clear. If ye are grateful, favours, if not, punishment. and finally the promise of "gardens beneath which rivers flow."

Quran-Book of Ibrahim
14:2 Of Allah, to Whom do belong all things in the heavens and on earth! But alas for the Unbelievers for a terrible penalty (their Unfaith will bring them)!-

14:4 We sent not an apostle except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them. Now Allah leaves straying those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases: and He is Exalted in power, full of Wisdom.

14:7 And remember! your Lord caused to be declared (publicly): "If ye are grateful, I will add more (favours) unto you; But if ye show ingratitude, truly My punishment is terrible indeed."

14:23 But those who believe and work righteousness will be admitted to gardens beneath which rivers flow,- to dwell therein for aye with the leave of their Lord. Their greeting therein will be: "Peace!"

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Reading The Quran

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,