Top Spammer Arrested

Top Spammer Arrested - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Jun, 2007 - 8:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2007 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Top Spammer Arrested

FEDS SAY TOP SPAMMER ARRESTED

A 27-year-old man described as one of the world's most prolific spammers was arrested Wednesday, and federal authorities said computer users across the Web could notice a decrease in the amount of junk e-mail.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/05/3...t.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
13th Jun, 2007 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Arrested Spammer Top

I certainly have not noticed a decrease. In the 10 days I have been offline I had about over 1000 spam Emails sent to me. That is about 100 a day. I am glad they took out this guy though, it may make others, especially those thinking about starting a 'spam' business to look elsewhere for their 'kicks'.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

14th Jun, 2007 - 8:10am / Post ID: #

Top Spammer Arrested History & Civil Business Politics

What a really nasty piece of work! I'm glad they've got this guy under lock and key, who knows how many more people would have suffered from his scam if he hadn't been arrested?
I found it interesting in the article though, that microsoft won $7 million dollars law suit against him, whilst a small Oklahoma internet provider won $10 million damages against him. It just goes to show that the 'big boys' don't always have the biggest clout!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

> TOPIC: Top Spammer Arrested

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,