Should Teachers Get A Salary Increase? - Page 3 of 3

It's amazing. Parents keep children - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 20th Sep, 2007 - 8:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2007 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Get A Salary Increase?
A Friend

Should Teachers Get A Salary Increase? - Page 3

Fair enough. No need for coal raking. It's your opinion and it's a reasonable one. I had to wait 2 years before becoming eligible to get on the insurance plan. It was the first time that I was without insurance in all of my years working. In other places once you start working you are automatically on the plan.
I personally would like to get vat off of car purchases or allowances to purchase material to use for the students, or insurance coverage for my son, none of which exist at the moment.

Sponsored Links:
14th Sep, 2007 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Increase Salary Get Teachers Should

I am interested to know how far Teachers are willing to go in order to get their money. Since the start of school children have already missed many days. Is the salary increase worth the children being home without education? Some may say yes, because talks have been going on too long. Fine, but how far are you going to go with this? So far the Ministry of Education does not seem to be letting up or giving in.

19th Sep, 2007 - 10:22am / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Get A Salary Increase? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I thought there are laws that prevent industrial action like this to be going on for so long? Okay you want money, but what about the kids?

19th Sep, 2007 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Increase Salary Get Teachers Should

Well Domesticated, teachers are also parents who need to put food in the table for their children and pay their bills, with the increase inflation it is being extremely hard for teachers to do this.

I do not know much about that law that prevents industrial action, I would be shocked if there is one...after all, as far as I am concerned we are not living in a Communist country. Workers should have the right to protest when they feel they are being treated unfairly.

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2007 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

Should Teachers Get A Salary Increase?
A Friend

Increase Salary Get Teachers Should

It's amazing. Parents keep children home because an Auntie came from "away", or because the parents are travelling and decided ta take their children, or for less important reasons.
Do parents understand the importance of having motivated teacher teach their children.
Teachers have been granted 14 casual days and 14 sick days all in accordance with industrial relations policy. Contrary to popular opinion, we do NOT take all of these days all of the time.
If teachers strike and let parents know in advance, parents can make allowances and keep children home.

My question for anyone who has a problem, if the act of asking for an increase in accordance with the last 2 negotiating periods is not successful (which means that the CPO is NOT negotiating in good faith), what options are available?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Should Teachers Get A Salary Increase?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,