+  1 2 3 4 
Manhunt 2
United Kingdom Banned in Britain!
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2007 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Manhunt 2

MANHUNT 2

'SADISTIC' MANHUNT 2 BANNED IN BRITAIN

British censors have banned a video game for the first time in 10 years, rejecting Manhunt 2 for what they described as an unrelenting focus on sadism and brutal slaying.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~4102107a28~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jun, 2007 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Manhunt

Good on the Brits and I hope they ban more! Anyone who has read some of my feelings about these graphic games knows that I cannot stand to see such exaggeration with violence / sex. However, despite the ban here is the lamest excuse with which they (publishers) could belch:

BANNED MANHUNT 2 DEFENDED AS 'ART'

A video game banned in the UK and Ireland and facing restricted sales in the United States due to its violent content was a fine piece of art, the game's publisher said.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~4103261a28~,00.html

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2007 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Manhunt 2 Gaming Video & Issues Computer

'Manhunt 2' suspension may boost demand

The decision by Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. to suspend distribution of the violent video game "Manhunt 2" could actually end up boosting demand from curious gamers, industry analysts said Friday.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070624/ap_on_.../games_manhunt2

Manhunt 2
Manhunt 2 (Hover)

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2007 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Manhunt 2
A Friend

Manhunt

This is not good.

I enjoyed Man Hunt 1 quite alot.

I noticed you said the last game banned was 10 years ago, what game was this?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please keep your messages free from extra characters that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles.

29th Jun, 2007 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Manhunt

The news article said the 10 years part. In any case this Thread is about Manhunt 2. If you want to talk about the first version please start a new Thread since that game may not have been as graphic as this one.

Rather off topic, but...
Please do read our Constructive Posting Policy so you understand how we do things around here. Thanks.

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2007 - 9:39am / Post ID: #

Manhunt 2
A Friend

Manhunt 2

I was looking forward to this, I cant believe they have banned a video game, blaming violence in games on the destructive attitudes in the youth today.

I am truly displeased with this decision, The reason youths are getting more out of hand has nothing to do with games, its mostly to do with their bringing up and surroundings. in my opinion anyway.

you tend to find the teens that cause trouble are the teens with parents who don't work, who leech of the government, that kick their kids out onto the streets to mingle with all the other people with no hope of a future.
Its a shame that graphic games take the blame for the idiots walking the street today.

Ill need to get a copy imported because the first was amazing and I'm very sure the second will be.
What a sad sad day for games.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jul, 2007 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Manhunt 2

QUOTE (Razor)
he reason youths are getting more out of hand has nothing to do with games

I would agree it is not directly related, but indirectly attributed to their already aggressive tendencies or in other words, such games will only increase whatever negative feelings they already harbor. Therefore what do we do... give them a game that glorifies blood and gore? No, I think not! I do not feel sorry for you in the least.

9th Jul, 2007 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Manhunt 2 Computer Issues & Video Gaming

Banning things in general is a fantastic way to guarantee a huge boost in sales. Especially for the reasons of this game...violence and sadism! 2liveCrew, a band of literally no talent of the early nineties, made millions for getting baned from the airwaves. This game will now be the MUST have in England for all the gamers. Since it is now restricted from sale, will they be able to get ahold of it? YES! You bet they will. They will get it off of Ebay or someplace else like that...no problems. Millions of cigar smoking Americans pine for Cuban cigars and go to places like Canada to get them illegally. Do they really taste that much better than a good Dominican or Honduran cigar...no not really, but they are banned, so they gotta be good! OK...not for the same reasons, but still, you are told you can't have something and that will be the one thing you have to have! It has been proven time and time again.

As for sales of this game, people need to make the retailers know that if they stock this item, you will quit shopping at that store. This really does work. Dealings with Walmart for instance, has shown that this is a very effective method, but you need a large show of solidarity to make it happen. If there aren't enough people against it, then there WILL be enough that want to buy it and the law of supply and demand will reign true.

I can only look to TV to show how watching that box can change the actions of young people. When I was growing up, the #1 watched show was The Waltons, Little House on the Prarrie...and...when the sitcom started up big it was the Happy Days, Cosby Show, All in the Family and MASH that were the popular shows of the day. The interesting part is that even for the sitcoms of the time, they were not focused on "smart mouthed children insulting parents". Today, I challenge you to spend an evening watching an evening of sitcoms and tell me you cant find parents being made fools of on a repeated basis. Tell me that you can't find a child that shows general disrespect for their parents in nearly every sitcom that had a child in it. Unless they are an infant in the series and cannot talk yet, this is impossible. This runs over into real life. I see kids talk to their parents in ways that I would have never dreamed of today nor be allowed to! There is an 11yr gap between me and the youngest child in our family. I would never dream of talking to our parents the way she does... Is it the TV's fault? Is it societies fault? I guess I am not smart enough to know, but I do know that if you see something over and over and over again...it becomes normal or rather accepted.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Manhunt 2

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,