Vigilante Muslims

Vigilante Muslims - Studies of Islam - Posted: 26th Jun, 2007 - 9:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Taking morality and the law into their own hands.
Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2007 - 11:12am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Vigilante Muslims

HOSTAGES SEIZED IN 'BROTHEL' RAID

Students from a radical mosque on Saturday raided an acupuncture clinic they said was used as a brothel in Pakistan's capital and kidnapped nine people, including Chinese women, police said.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/06/2...raid/index.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2007 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

Vigilante Muslims
A Friend

Muslims Vigilante

This isnt the first time people from the "Lal masjid" or "Red mosque" have come up with these antics. I used to live very near this mosque and no too well the mindset of these people. They can honestly be described as bordering insanity almost schizophrenic. I do not exaggurate when I say there is something clinically wrong with these people. They even threatened my mother once. Crazy Crazy people.

24th Jun, 2007 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Vigilante Muslims Islam Studies

There will always be crazy people, but when they gather together as an official movement then it bothers me tremendously. To throw in a wrench... when they have a 'spiritual' leader that teaches or indoctrinates them (brain washing) into believing that aggression is the best way to solve issues apparent only from their perspective is very scary.

24th Jun, 2007 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Muslims Vigilante

These are the kind of Muslims people are afraid of but other Muslims would defend. I engaged many times in conversations with other Muslims and they will never directly condemn this type of behavior. This is where I think the Islam as a religious organization should do something to stop these crazy people (excommunication, etc_ if they do not want the rest of the world to continue interpreting the Religion of Peace as the Religion of Violence.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2007 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Vigilante Muslims
A Friend

Muslims Vigilante

To be fair these people can hardly be called an organisation. I remember living there and all they have are a couple of classrooms, a prayer hall and a committee. Theres normally only a single security guard outside. These people are just crazy vigilantes and we denounce them all the time. I find it very hard to believe that LDS_forever hasnt heard any muslim condemn such people. If you were ever to go to Pakistan 90% of the people hate these people. I condemn them my father condemnds them, my mother, my brother, my distant relatives everyone. Infact I know absolutely no one who sympathises with these people.

We dont really have excommunication and even if we did I dont see what it will achieve. These people are vigilantes they operate on their own. Often they are isolated and secretive.

26th Jun, 2007 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Vigilante Muslims

I think it is the realization that 19 can equal 2997 in our new world. That is...it only takes 19 people with an bright idea that can kill another 2997 people. In todays world, we are much more efficient at dispatching each other. Wouldn't you want your group to be separated from this wayward thinking? I know I would and that is what excommunicating does...it separates and acknowledges separation from such deviant and mislead individuals that have band together. It makes it clear to everyone that you are not with them and that they do not represent your views. To be fair, until they are officially booted from your religion, they are part of the fold in the eyes of the outsiders.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2007 - 9:18am / Post ID: #

Vigilante Muslims
A Friend

Vigilante Muslims

Excomminication invlolves calling someone who is of your faith officially not of your faith. Muslims are only allowed to do this if one personally recants their faith themselves publicly. Otherwise no one has the authority to do such a thing unless he is a Infallible Prophet or Infallible leader. Since no one in the muslims world claims such infallibility it is impossible for one to excommunicate someone else (unless you are catholic and you believe the Pope is infallible).

However there are numerous fatwas and ordinances distancing the faith of Islam from such treacherous people. To name the ones I know
Ayatollah Khamenei, Ayatollah Fazel Lankarani, Ayatollah Sistani, Ayatollah Najafi, Shaikh Qaradhawi, Dr. Badawi, Bilal Phillips I could go on and on and on.

Personally I dont think excommunicating them would do anything anyway. These people have a mind of their own and are in conflict with other muslims as well. In fact they have killed more muslims over the years than non-muslims.

As a passing thought perhaps the Christian faith could excommunicate Bush and the Jewish faiths could excommunicate Olmert. Sadly I dont think such a thing will happen. Perhaps the west should look at excommunicating their own global terrorists instead of asking us to excommunicate ours

Reconcile Edited: Karbala on 26th Jun, 2007 - 9:23am

26th Jun, 2007 - 9:53am / Post ID: #

Vigilante Muslims Studies Islam

So is there a fatwa or ordinance distancing this group from peaceful Islam? I mean you stated that they have been denounced...what exactly does that entail. You have to be able to see that from outside of Islam groups like this or groups that engage in terroristic activities stain all of Islam, if it is unwilling to officially separate from them. This is a good explaination on why LDS gets the remarks she does when she discusses issues like these with muslims. I have had very similar discussions with Muslims that I work with about Islamic Extremists.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Vigilante Muslims

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,