St. Andrews Private School - Page 2 of 2

Name: Aah Country: Title: St. Andrews is Sweet - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2013 - 11:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2009 - 10:55am / Post ID: #

St. Andrews Private School - Page 2

Name: Parent

Comments: I am a non white/non syrian parent of a happy and well adjusted St Andrew's student. It is ironic that I have to make that point as I am quite frankly tired of the 'race' talk in our 'diverse' society... And I chose St Andrew's based on the fact that the parents and teachers I came into contact with upon my introduction to the school and thereafter are as a previous replier mentioned involved and dedicated to their children's future. The majority are also worldly which for me brings an added dimension to my son's education; especially as he did not begin his Primary schooling in Trinidad. I also now have a new born who has I have registered for 2013... She may receive priority due to the fact that her older sibling attends the school and just as they reserve places for siblings they do indeed reserve places for expats who are interested in their children attending a local school. Let us not forget that St Andrew's was also in part established as an expat school! They may admit children during the school year but even here in the Caribbean their are waiting lists for the top schools just as there are in other parts of the world(!) and they work their way down the list according to a specific order- people are not just bumped or jumped! The belief that the teachers aren't qualified is absolutely ridiculous. There are many teachers throughout Trinidad and the Caribbean who like some mature nurses have many years experience and courses behind them rather than degrees yet again the irony does not escape me again as it was a friend who teaches at St Andrew's (again a non-white/non-syrian!) who recommended I at the very least come for a visit before making decisions... She has not only her Bachelor's but her PGCE as well as a master's! As my luck would have it when I received her call there were a few free spaces available as my luck would have it I arrived, observed and decided within the window of opportunity and scored! I can't thank her enough for her suggestion of a visit - I am happy to be a part of the St Andrew's family as they have added to our family in more ways than one!

Sponsored Links:
6th Mar, 2009 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

School Private Andrews St

Hi, you mentioned you registered your other son for 2013. Did you follow the same procedure for your first child? Since you mentioned you know someone from the school. The reason I ask is because I know several parents who did exactly the same thing while others found out there were free spaces available and were able to get a place for their kid within days so I wonder how the school decides to who they will give those spaces and who they will reject, there must be in place some sort of policy otherwise I could understand why some parents may feel there is some sort of discrimination.

Personally, based on what I read in this thread and conversation with other parents it seems is not a matter of race/ethnicity but a matter of who you know in the school (like anywhere in Trinidad) as well as given priority to foreigners and expats.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2013 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

St. Andrews Private School Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Aah

Title: St. Andrews is Sweet

Comments: I go to St. Andrews I'm in Primary 3 this school is amazing 100% without a doubt!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: St. Andrews Private School

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,