Biofuels, The New Oil?

Biofuels Oil - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 11:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Agricultural prices expected to rise over the coming years.
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2007 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Biofuels, The New Oil?

AGRICULTURAL PRICES EXPECTED TO RISE OVER NEXT DECADE

Agricultural prices are projected to increase worldwide over the next 10 years because of an increasing demand for biofuels, an international report said Wednesday.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2007/07/04/agri-prices.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2008 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

Oil The Biofuels

Asian Development Bank: Biofuels Making Food More Expensive

"We feel that the developed countries should seriously rethink the whole issue of biofuel, particularly the biofuel subsidies," Nag said. "Giving subsidies for biofuels ... basically acts as an implicit tax on staple foods."
Ref. https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/GlobalWar...tory?id=4692919

22nd Apr, 2008 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

Biofuels, The New Oil? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

For now biofuel from foodstuff seems like a dead end technology. Using a food crop such as corn only hurts the poorest of countries.

But using biofuels that are more sustainable seem much more efficient

Consider the words Patrick Mazza in Common Sense on Biofuels

Both studies highlight the need to direct biofuels growth in sustainable directions, using feedstocks that minimize competition for prime croplands. These include farm, forest and municipal waste streams; energy crops grown on marginal lands, and algaes. These second generation biofuels feedstocks are expected to dramatically reduce GHGs compared to first generation biofuels such as corn ethanol. They could also increase storage of carbon in soils. 

Move away from corn or other food necessities and I am all in on the biofuel bandwagon (and I am typically very sceptical when it comes to going green.)

22nd Apr, 2008 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Oil The Biofuels

Agreed. When I saw Pres. Bush propose this as an alternative for dependency on oil I thought we were heading back to the middle ages. I cannot understand why solar energy is not developed more intensely, but no, I know why, a lot of jobs to lose and a lot of rich men will not be able to pocket millions of profit dollars from the poor man.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 10:50am / Post ID: #

Oil The Biofuels

Leaders warn on biofuels and food

Two Latin American leaders speak out against biofuels, as a London meeting prepares to assess EU policy on the issue.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...cas/7359880.stm

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Biofuels, The New Oil?
A Friend

Biofuels, The New Oil?

I am all for the biofuels but I think there are other ways to power our vehicles without the use of biofuels. I think if we invest more into the hydrogen fuel cell we can have a much better source for over land travel. Electric cars that use solar power to recharge some of their batteries will work too. We can have station like way station that will supply wind or solar power to recharge a electric vehicle. I quick charge option is like stopping for fuel on a family road trip.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Apr, 2008 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Biofuels The Oil

They worked well in the mid nighties KNtoran that is till Bush unplugged them.

Biofuel is just changing the pollution methods not reducing signifigantly. I am sure one day the earths own magnetics will be the source of most of our power. But we are still along ways from that.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

Biofuels, The New Oil?
A Friend

Biofuels The Oil Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Krakyn said

I am sure one day the earths own magnetics will be the source of most of our power. But we are still along ways from that.

I'd be interested to learn if there are any websites that discuss this possibility. If the earth's own magnetic pulses could be used for transportation, then the "future" stories of guided vehicles may become a reality.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Biofuels, The New Oil?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,