Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Part 4: Weapons that changed military warfare
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2007 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ak-47

AK-47

'I SLEEP SOUND,' AK-47 INVENTOR SAYS AS RIFLE TURNS 60

Cradling the latest model of his "creative genius" in Moscow Friday, the inventor of the AK-47 told reporters at the 60th anniversary of the world's most famous assault rifle that his conscience is clear.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...day-070706.html

Keywords: AK47, ak 47, Assault Rifle

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Aug, 2007 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Ak-47
A Friend

Ak-

Taken from Wiki-

Throughout the world, the AK and variants are among the plethora of commonly-smuggled small arms that are sold to governments, rebels, criminals, and civilians alike, with little international oversight. This trade ensures a ready supply of inexpensive weapons to a number of conflicts, including (but certainly not limited to) the Balkans, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Somalia. In some countries that are recovering from war or that are at war, prices for AKs are very low. In Somalia, Rwanda, Mozambique, Congo and Ethiopia, among others, prices are between $30-$125. After the Soviet retreat from Afghanistan, the Soviet Army left huge quantities of weapons including AK's which were used in its civil war between Taliban and Northern Alliance and were also exported to Pakistan. It is now also made in Pakistan's semi-autonomous areas. It is widely used by tribes in Africa like the Hamar, amongst others.

Even after the above, the maker of the weapon which has caused the maximum amount of civilian casualties can proudly say that he sleeps soundly?

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2007 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Ak-47
A Friend

Ak-47 History & Civil Business Politics

The AK-47, designed by a thief for idiots.
You can't blame the gun for what its user does, they're just tools. I have one and am quite fond of it, sure it's inaccurate but it does work every time.

10th Jan, 2008 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Ak-

This is another of the weapons that changed warfare. Any rag tag group of militants become a super army with the AK-47. It is cheap to make, easy to use and durable. It is well known and can be found almost anywhere in the world. It is a symbol of rebellion.

Ak-47
Ak-47 (Hover)

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2008 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Ak-47
A Friend

Ak-

Terrorists used to call it "The Widow Maker". Some used to cut its muzzle diagonally to compensate for its climb. But probably the best small arm made for the job. It has few moving parts and it is rumored to be in working order after abuse that would render a delicate SA80 useless.
A symbol of rebellion and freedom to some, to others a mark of oppression and corrupt false security.

2nd Feb, 2008 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Ak-47

A boss gun invented by a Ruskie. There are some good stuff that can match this already, but this one is so known its like french fries.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jun, 2008 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Ak-47

Name: Panzer

Comments: The Kalashnikov is also known for terrific stopping power. An M16 will punch a hole in a cinder block; an AK-47 will blow it in half.

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: Panzer, why don't you just join the Community rather than keep Posting as a Guest?

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2008 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Ak-47
A Friend

Ak-47 Politics Business Civil & History

It is hard to compare the M16 to the AK 47. The AK 47 is a weapon that was designed to kill. The M16 was designed to wound. This is why it is a smaller round. The USA wanted a weapon that would wound so you take more out of battle that way. If you wound a person it takes two of his buddies to carry him away. Thus you eliminate 3 people from the battle.

I do know that the AK 47 is not a accurate weapon. I am here today because it is not accurate. The M16 is a lot more accurate and just as deadly in the right hands.

I would not mind owning a AK 47 as a show piece but I would like to have a M16 for its capabilities.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Ak-47

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,