Was Greenland Ever Green? - Page 2 of 3

Well, the Vikings named it Greenland to attract - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 29th Jul, 2017 - 7:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Greenland Geography Greenland Climate Change
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2017 - 11:29am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Was Greenland Ever Green? - Page 2

Some of Greenland's coastal ice will be permanently lost by 2100

The glaciers and ice caps that dot the edges of the Greenland coast are not likely to recover from the melting they are experiencing now, a study has found. Ref. Source 3h.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2017 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Was Greenland Ever Green?
A Friend

Green Greenland Was

Yeah, I read this but I think this is another case of humans thinking we know everything. We don't. Not even close. We have know idea what mother nature has in store for us to balance thing out.

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2017 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Was Greenland Ever Green? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

As the earth warms up we will once again be ale to see the coast line of Antarctica as well as see Greenland green once again. I think it will happen sooner than many think.

Post Date: 19th May, 2017 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Green Greenland Was

Earth's atmosphere more chemically reactive in cold climates A Greenland ice core providing a first glimpse at the history of reactive oxidants shows that for big temperature swings in the past 100,000 years, reactive oxidants are actually higher in cold climates. This means that new mechanisms -- not just water vapor, plant and soil emissions -- must affect the concentration of ozone and other oxidants in the atmosphere. Ref. Source 2n.

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2017 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Green Greenland Was

Greenland ice sheet toxicity. The Greenland ice sheet is often seen as a pristine environment, but new research has revealed that may not be the case. Scientists have examined how microbes from the ice sheet have the potential to resist and degrade globally-emitted contaminants such as mercury, lead, PAH and PCB. Source 7i.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

Summer sea ice melt in the Arctic. Earlier this year Arctic sea ice sank to a record low wintertime extent for the third straight year. Now NASA is flying a set of instruments north of Greenland to observe the impact of the melt season on the Arctic's oldest and thickest sea ice. Source 9v.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Was Greenland Green - Page 2

I think we are getting closer and closer to seeing Greenland as it was once called Green land. We may even find that it is possible to farm the land more than it already is.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2017 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Was Greenland Green Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

Well, the Vikings named it Greenland to attract settlers. It was not at all green back in their day. That said, if Greenland ever does get truly green we'll be in a lot of trouble as a species since the oceans will have risen significantly.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Was Greenland Ever Green?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,