Illegal Immigrants Find Refuge In Holy Places

Illegal Immigrants Find Refuge Holy Places - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Jul, 2007 - 7:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2007 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Illegal Immigrants Find Refuge In Holy Places

Illegal immigrants find refuge in holy places

Liliana, a 29-year-old factory worker from Mexico who crossed the border illegally in 1998, begged and pleaded. "What about my children?" she asked. "I have a baby. I'm nursing." The agents softened when they heard Pablito crying, she says, and gave her a reprieve. They ordered her to report to a detention center five days later to be sent back to Mexico. Instead, Liliana hid at the home of a Catholic deacon and his wife. Last month she emerged from hiding and took up residence at St. Luke's Episcopal Church, which has pledged to protect her from deportation.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2007...sanctuary_N.htm

Sponsored Links:
9th Jul, 2007 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

Places Holy Refuge Find Immigrants Illegal

The story is indeed touching but does not change the fact that she made a choice when she crossed the border illegally so how come now (based on what these Churches are saying) the immigration laws break families apart? I don't understand it. She has been in the US since 1998 and yet, she does not speak English? I am not judging her but try to understand how come it is the law to blame for a decision that she knew would probably take her to this present point.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: Illegal Immigrants Find Refuge In Holy Places

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,