Pre-Zion Standards For Holiness And Godliness
More of the text is in the body of this Thread.
PRE-ZION STANDARDS For HOLINESS And GODLINESS
To Be Adopted By The KINGDOM OF ZION
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Standard 1: All Lands Shall Be Owned by God
Standard 2: Legally Discharge All Contracts and Debts
Standard 3: Shall Make a Solemn Covenant to Abide by Counsel
Standard 4: We Believe in Living and Keeping All of the Laws
Standard 5: No Signs, Tokens, or Customs Patterned after Babylon
Standard 6: Zion's Medium of Exchange will be Based on its Own System
Standard 7: Our Bodies Should be Temples unto God
Standard 8: It's what Comes Out of the Man's Mouth that Defiles the Man
Standard 9: We Shall Keep Our Bodies Morally Clean and Properly Covered
Standard 10: Proper Order of Courtship and the Sacred Marriage Covenants
Standard 11: Equal Equity and Fairness with All Things in Common
Standard 12: All Things Shall Be Organized According to Stewardships
Standard 13: The Idle Worker is a Curse and an Abomination
Standard 14: Anyone Interested in Gathering Into a United Order Shall
I guess I am not ready for Zion.
I am not ready to abolish the rights of land ownership. That is, I couldn't give up the rights of individuals to own land, without an assurance that the directive came directly from the first presidency.
Giving up land ownership in any society but a purely zion(directed by God or his prophets) society ends up being the most insipid forms of socialism and it is dictated by a small handful of very flawed individuals to "divvy" up the remnants of the land.
I know that there was precedence for the forgiveness of debts in the old testament ( every seven years ,I believe, all debts were to be abolished)
I do believe that you are right about the need in a Zion society to be willing to give up all that we believe we own for the building up of the Kingdom of God. The Father has promised that if we are willing to do this in this life that he has reserved Worlds without ends to all who can.
I have to say I really appreciate the thoughts in this text.
If we would all try to abide those rules we would become a lot more pure and holy. And I think that is most important.
Although, I have to admit a few things sound very hard and rigid, though the Gospel is not a walk in the park so to say, and if we really wish to progress we need to work hard for that. Studying things won't do the trick. We need to actively live according to all of our knowledge. I think it is a rather good summary of how we should behave if we are truly converted and is applicable not only to United Orders, but to a certain extent to the lives of every righteous saint.
By the way, who wrote this text/where does it come from?
I wasn't able to access the entire text, only the preamble and the Index, however, I see some major issues with the index's conclusions. These are clearly compilations from someone who is extremely well studied, but has not come to a knowledge of the truth through personal revelation. If they have, it is not contained in what I read. (I think the author would agree with me on this.)
I think they would love to gaze into heaven for 5 minutes rather than read everything written on the subject.
For example, God owning all land. How then can any land "be given as an inheritance" such as was given to Abraham and others when they received their promise? Or those who will "inherit the earth". It is possible that the writer is looking at a pre-celestial society but not a celestial one. Or as appears in the preamble, they are looking at all the scriptures written which talk about different phases of stages of progression and mixing them into 1 stage ad saying here it is. The scriptures will refer to multiple stages or levels, Milestones in progression. This author has taken all the milestones and lumped them into one confused mass. IMO
Their are others that I understand where he he getting his ideas, but IMO are lacking some fundamental personal revelation. Very good quotes, but no personal revelation. Spoken with the authority of a scribe and not the authority of God.
Another part is "We Believe in Living and Keeping All of the Laws". The laws are a school master that bring us to Christ and to the promise as taught in Gal. 3. Once we are brought back to the promise, the laws become fulfilled in us, just as they were in Christ and are no longer needed. Just as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did not have the laws given by Moses to the children of Israel, (In God's wrath), which is written on stone, so too those who are celestial do not have laws written on stone, but instead they have the law written in their hearts. Not in being governed by laws enforced by others, but by being governed by our own hearts having no desire to do evil and so needing no law to prevent us from doing evil. The government in the celestial kingdom is each person governing themselves. As Gods, each person judging ourselves. I would like to see a list of the laws this person expects we will live and keep. If they can be written, they are not laws of the celestial kingdom.
These are the Standards (Isaiah 49:22; 1 Nephi 21:22; 22:6; 2 Nephi 6:6; 29:2; D&C 45:9) for Holiness and Godliness required to establish and organize a true Order of Enoch (D&C 42:59; 101:67-69; Moses 7:62-64).
There have been many people in the past, seeking a place to establish a United Order and live in peace. Still very few of them have proposed to live the Fullness of the Gospel (D&C 42:12-13; TPJS, p.252) and even fewer have realized that persecution must always follow the true followers of the Messiah (2 Timothy 3:12; John 15:18-20; 1 John 2:15-17; D&C 101:35-41; 98:11-15).
To even qualify to redeem Zion, it clearly says it will take some men who have obtained the Doctrine of the Messiah (Christ; 2 Nephi 31:1-21; 32:1-6), received the spirit (D&C 42:14), can speak by the Second Comforter (D&C 42:16-17) and have been endowed with power from on high (D&C 105:9-11). The scriptures also indicate we must come out of Babylon (D&C 133:4-15; 2 Corinthians 6:16-17), go into the Wilderness and Deserts (Isaiah 35:1-10; 32:15-20; 43:19-20; 51:2-3; 64:10), and stand in Holy Places (D&C 32:28-32; 87:8; 101:20-22, 63-67; 124:36-41), that we may build up the Waste Places (Isa 41:17-18; 49:18-22; 51:2-3; 52:9; 58:12; D&C 101:16-18, 75; 103:11-14) in Zion, which are in the Tops of the Mountains (Isaiah 2:2-5; 11:9-16; 13:1-14; 25:6-12; 40:9).
Additionally, there are many scriptures which indicate that the redemption of Zion will coincide with a great drought (Isaiah 32:15-20; 35:1-10; 41:17-18; 43:19-20; 51:2-3; 64:10) and other calamities (Isaiah 13:1-18). It is foretold only then will we be able to live the true Holy Order of Enoch (D&C 76:57; Mos 7:13, 18-19, 27; 8:19; Heb 11:5) and succeed (TPJS, p.51-55, 251-252). God will, however, have a Tried People (Zech 13:8-9; D&C 136:31), and they will be the first in this dispensation to proclaim the Kingdom of Zion (D&C 105:32) in its fullness.
They (His people) shall live by all the laws of the Celestial Kingdom (D&C 105:5; 51:2; 88:22) coming out from under the Lord's condemnation (D&C 105:6-7; 84:54-57) and renewing (Isaiah 40:29-31; 41:1; Lamentations 5:21) their Covenants (D&C 84:57-59) with Him. Thus by all the heavenly signs and manifestations shall we know who are the Lord's people (Mark 16:17-18; Mormon 9:24; Ether 4:18; D&C 63:9; 84:65-73) and in the Lord's own due time (D&C 101:59-60; 3 Nephi 21:1-7) may He allow them (Ephraim and the Gentiles) to assist the Lamanites or Tribe of Manasseh (1 Nephi 14:1-2; 3 Nephi 16:6-16; 21:22; 2 Nephi 10:18-19) (Who are also referred to as the Seed of Joseph, or the house of Jacob or Israel) (3 Nephi 16:8; 21:12-29). May the time come soon when they (His people) will return and redeem Independence, Jackson County, Missouri (D&C 105:9-10, Moses 7:62-63) the only place under heaven which is appointed for the gathering of the Saints, Oh, House of Israel (D&C 49:25; 101:16-23, 41-73; 57:1-5; 84:1-5; 105:14-18; Moses 7:62-64).
This, however, cannot be done until His Elders are endowed with power (D&C 105:11). It sounds so easy. We all want to be a part of that people, but have we learned how to live more perfectly the fullness of the New and Everlasting Covenant (D&C 1:15; Isaiah 24:5-6; D&C 45:9; 66:2; 76:101-102)? Have we learned to be obedient to the things required at our hands (D&C 105:3, 6, 10)? Have we learned how to be united according to the union required by the principles of the law of the Celestial Kingdom (D&C 105:4-5)? Do we even know the Celestial Laws or Standards and what will be required to be able to live them to the fullest in this day and age (2 Nephi 28:14; D&C 20:9-14)?
The people of Zion must come out of Babylon separating themselves from all nations (D&C 133:4-15; 2 Corinthians 6:16-17). As you read this Standard, see if you really want to be one with the Lord, or like most, you would rather "Walketh after your own way, being a God unto yourself (D&C 1:15-16; Isaiah 24:5-6)." He who was perfect said, "I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me." (John 6:38) Should we seek to do less?
PRE-ZION STANDARDS OF HOLINESS AND GODLINESS
1) All lands shall be consecrated unto God, held in a private Common Law Apostolic Fraternal Foundation, and in no man's name (D&C 51:6; 82:14-17; 104:54-57). The land is held for God or the Lord's Anointed who must be appointed to grant inheritances, and it will be his job to set the house of God in order (D&C 112:23-26) and grant inheritances, not ours (D&C 85:7). By revelation, we shall locate all lands, and they will and must be isolated waste places (D&C 101:16-22, 75; 86:3; 64:24; 103:11-13; Isaiah 51:1-3, 11; 52:7-10) with no jurisdictional overlap (Minimum of 3 miles from any incorporated city) and separated from all Gentiles (Minimum of 20 miles to the closest neighbor if possible). All water sources shall ideally be from free flowing springs with no pumping required and a history of no flow reductions. One hundred percent of all water rights should be owned including the rights to generate power if possible. But a local source of power generation must be located. We are not to gather in haste but to let all things be prepared before us (D&C 101:68; 133:15) and all lands shall be purchased with money (D&C 101:70-75; 63:24-31). Now Zion has and always will be at odds with the
World or Babylon (Matthew 6:24; John 7:7; 15:18-24; D&C 101:76-95; 98:22-48).
2) One must personally cancel, rescind or legally discharge all Contracts and Debts (Matthew 6:12; 18:23-35; D&C 101:78-80; 104:78-80; 19:35; 64:27-32; 72:13-15; TPJS, p.22) with all Babylonian style Governments (3 Nephi 13:24; Alma 1:1; James 2:10) including all
Agencies, Subdivision or Incorporated Entities and Companies, whether Profit or Non-profit. In other words, driver licenses, marriage licenses, social security numbers, welfare, social security benefits, retirement payments, unions, pensions, child support, workmen's compensation, medicare, insurances, mortgages, liens, judgments, tickets, fines, warrants, or any additional just obligations. If there is any obligation unrighteously held against you or your family or there is a question on any specific case, it is to be brought to the Elders of that Community that they may give counsel or judge the course you should or they are to take. The Community shall limit its
Business with gentiles to things we can not produce ourselves and we can not survive without (Revelation 18:11-15; D&C 82:22). A time will come when we will have nothing to do with Babylon, for Babylon shall be destroyed (D&C 64:23-24; 86:1-7; 133:4-15; Revelation 14:8; 18:2-24; D&C 101:72-95; Isaiah 13:19-22).
3) One must make solemn Covenants with God and the Community (D&C 136:1-4) that they wish to join remembering the sacredness of this Covenant (D&C 42:30; 78:11) and the penalty for breaking this Covenant (D&C 104:3-6). One must also solemnly Covenant that they will abide by the Counsel of the Council of Elders (Prov 11:14) through the Unanimous
Common Consent of the Body (D&C 28:13; 107:27-32), or they must choose to withdraw and remove themselves from this Council or Community if they are unable to come into harmony and unity. Any one removing themselves from one Community to another shall carry a Letter of
Certification as to having been in good standing (D&C 20:84; 72:17-19, 25-26). Free Agency is, however, an eternal law, and God will not, nor can we, deprive any man of their agency (D&C 98:8-10; 2 Nephi 2:27).
4) We believe in living and keeping all of the laws (TPJS, p.51-54, 251-252), principles (D&C 105:5), precepts (Psalms 119:104; D&C 98:12), oaths (Matthew 5:30), vows (Deuteronomy 23:21-23), covenants (D&C 54:6; 132:5-8), doctrines (John 7:16-17), ordinances (D&C 136:2-4; 1 Corinthians 11:2), and commandments of God (Alma 7:22-23) as contained in the Old and New Testaments (Article of Faith, Verse 8), Book of Mormon (2 Nephi 27:35; Isaiah 29:24), Doctrine and Covenants (D&C 10:62), Pearl of Great Price (PoGP Introductory Note, paragraph 1-3), Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith (TPJS Introduction, Paragraph 2-
3), Lectures on Faith (D&C Explanatory Introduction, paragraph 17), Unpublished Revelations of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Vol.1 and in the Temple Endowment or wherever they may be found (2 Timothy 3:16). We will live by all the Laws of God (D&C 105:32) and indeed, we seek to live by every word that proceeds forth from the mouth of God (Deuteronomy 8:3; Matthew 4:3-4; D&C 84:43-44; 98:11-15) and will do His will in all things (Moses 5:5; D&C 101:43-62). Members shall all seek to live, or within a reasonable time, be living the New and Everlasting Covenants (D&C 35:24) in its fullness (D&C 132:2-12) to remain a sovereign member in the community. This includes the Law of Obedience and Sacrifice, as we find it defined in the Scriptures (Genesis 1:28; 2:16-18; Moses 5:11; Genesis 3:16-19; see also Moses 4:22-25 & the Temple Endowment; Ephesians 5:22-23; Esther 1:22; Colossians 3:18-19; 1 Peter 3:1-7; 1 Corinthians 7:3-4; 11:3-4, 8-9, 11-12; 1 Timothy 3:4-6; D&C 121:36-37; Proverbs 31:10; Titus 2:3-5; Hebrews 13:17; Numbers 30:1-16 Plural Celestial Marriage (D&C 132:3-6, 11, 21-25, 61-65; 131:1-4; Unpublished Revelations, Part 80, 88, & 89) and the Law of Consecration as administered in the original Temple Endowment or KoZ Endowment one day (D&C 132:3-6, 21-24). If anyone is found guilty of a capital offence to God, they shall be turned over to those having jurisdiction at that time (D&C 134:8-10) or as the Council of Elders shall decide.
5) There will be no signs, tokens, fads or customs patterned after Babylon brought onto consecrated ground and openly displayed (Micah 4:1-2). God shall never allow us to start building the Kingdom as long as we continue to practice the false traditions of our fathers
(Deuteronomy 5:7; 6:5; Leviticus 18:30; D&C 93:39). This would include all (Pagan) holidays (Jeremiah 10:1-6), customs (Leviticus 18:30), priestcraft (2 Nephi 26:29), lawyercraft or kingcraft (Luke 11:45, 52; Alma 10:14-15), physiciancraft (D&C 42:43-52), professorcraft (2 Timothy 3:7), and all manner of idolatries (3 Nephi 30:1-2) as they are currently celebrated or practiced. Organized sports (1 Timothy 4:8), women painting their faces without need or in excess (Jeremiah 4:30; 1 Peter 3:3), all forms of jewelry (Isaiah 3:18-23; 2 Nephi 13:16-23),
Fine apparel (Mormon 8:36-39) or anything that makes men or women feel like they are better than someone else or causes them to feel puffed up inside with pride (2 Nephi 28:9-15) unto bringing envying and strife (1 Corinthians 3:3; Galatians 15:26; James 3:13-18; Mormon 8:36-41) into our midst. We shall keep the Feasts, Holy Days, and Customs that were commanded by the Lord; the Sabbath Day (D&C 68:29), Feast of the Passover or Unleavened Bread (Exodus 12:13-20), Feast of Pentecost or Harvest (Exodus 23:16), Feast of Tabernacles or Ingathering (Exodus 23:16; Leviticus 23:34-41), Day of Atonement (Leviticus 23:27-31), Ordinance of Prayer (D&C 68:33, Temple Endowment), and shall teach our Children the Law (D&C 68:25-28).
6) Zion's medium of exchange will be based on its own system and will conform with all Celestial Laws, being a just weight and measurement (Micah 6:10-12, Deuteronomy 25:13-16) and not a fraudulent non-backed pretend paper money (Luke 16:9-13). It shall forever be forbidden that usury or interest be added, charged or paid on anything to anyone (Deuteronomy 23:19-20; Exodus 22:25; Ezekiel 22:12-13). Only the community treasury, Bishop's Storehouse, may receive or hold secret combinations printed notes for extended periods on the Order's property with Members only temporally bringing notes onto the property. For they must be converted into lawful money or supplies as soon as reasonably possible (Matthew 22:17-21).
7) We acknowledge that even our bodies are owned by God (D&C 93:29-35) and He has commanded that we keep them clean and undefiled, for they are Temples unto God (D&C 93:35; 1 Corinthians 3:16-17; Alma 7:21). Knowing these are some of the chains Lucifer uses to bind those who would be his, we cannot let such evil come in and stand among us. All who would gather (D&C 101:67-69), Oh house of Israel, unto Zion, shall have overcome all afflictions, habits, and shall covenant not to partake or abuse anything that pollutes or defiles the body, such as birth control (Genesis 1:28; 49:15-17), abortions (Exodus 21:22-23), any chemical food additives (Daniel 1:1-17), all habit forming substances (D&C 89:5,8-9, 12-15, 17), or anything that falls short of the Spirit of the Word of Wisdom (D&C 89:1-21; 59:15-20) or Laws of Moses (Torah). Visitors shall also respect us and not desecrate our holy ground by bringing anything that is prohibited with them. This would include, but is not an all-inclusive list, all forms of illegal and dangerous drugs (D&C 89:10), alcohol (D&C 89:5-7), tobacco (D&C 89:8), caffeine (D&C 89:9), and like substances (D&C 89:5-9). We know of a surety that the day is coming when man will live a higher law and there will be no death, and no one will eat the flesh of beasts or fowls, as it was in the beginning. Meats of domesticated animals and fowls shall be partaken of only sparingly (D&C 89:12), and they should not be partaken of only in times of winter or of cold (Unseasonably cool temperatures) or famine (D&C 89:13, 49:18-19, 21, Leviticus 11:1-8). While approved fish, under the law, being exempt (Leviticus 11:9-12; John 21:10-13) from these three limiting restrictions. All wild animals are to be used only during times of famine and excess of hunger (Starvation, D&C 89:14-15; Leviticus 11:13-23).
8) Christ said, "It's what comes out of the man's mouth that defiles the man (Matthew 15:11; Mark 7:20)." Taking the Lord's name in vain (D&C 63:60-62; Exodus 20:7), dishonoring thy Father and Mother (Leviticus 20:9), blasphemies (Colossians 3:8; Matthew 12:31; D&C 132:27), profanities (Leviticus 18:21) or vulgarities (Matthew 5:33-37) on holy consecrated ground is a lack of reverence. It defiles us, as well as the place (TPJS, p.129). It sets the worst kind of example for our families and to the world that look to Zion for examples of Holiness and
Godliness, and most of all God. The Lord has never blessed an unholy or ungodly people (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Psalms 2:1-6).
9) We acknowledge that history has proven that when man sins in his mind and is surrounded with temptations, it leads to greater sinning. The Lord has commanded we keep our bodies morally clean and properly covered (Deuteronomy 22:5; Mosiah 10:5; D&C 42:40). Therefore, the dress Standard shall be to the wrist, ankle and neck (Joseph Smith - History
1:31). Our clothing shall be plain and of our own making (D&C 42:40; Leviticus 19:19). We shall live by all of His Standards forever (1 Corinthians 11:14-15; Deuteronomy 22:5; D&C 45:9), and not Ours or the Gentiles (Mormon 8:36-40). Proper under Garments (Isaiah 51:1; D&C 82:14; Revelation 16:15) shall be worn to prevent sheer or tight fitting clothing from over exposing our bodies. We shall prohibit all forms of pornography in books, magazines, movies, music or pictures. This would prohibit all televisions and radio stations from the property or
Community. This, however, is not to limit education, informational news, entertainment, music or communications. We shall be morally clean (Galatians 5:16-23). There shall be no adultery (Matthew 5:27-28, 31-32; Mark 10:2-12; 3 Nephi 12:27-28, 32; Leviticus 20:10; D&C 42:24-26, 74-77, 80; 63:16; 132:41-44, 61-63), fornication (D&C 42:77), bestiality (Leviticus 20:15-16), homosexuality (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24, 26-27), incest (Leviticus 20:11-12, 17, 19-21), rape (Deuteronomy 22:23-27), prostitution/whoring (Deuteronomy 23:17), orgy (Leviticus
18:17-18), s-d-my (Deuteronomy 23:17), masturbation (Jeremiah 3:9;38:9), petting/necking and immodest behavior (Jacob 2:28). God's Standards for behavior has, is and always will be the same (Mor 9:9).
10) The institution of Marriage is one of the most sacred and holy covenants one may make unto God (D&C 49:15), each other and your fellow man (Matthew 19:10-12; Mark 10:7-9; D&C 132:5-25; TPJS, p.300-301). We shall not have dating of the youth (One on one), but group socials and supervised gatherings are allowed. However, suggestive dancing and like behavior will not be allowed. The proper order of Courtship is that the man or women goes to Heavenly Father first, seeking His counsel or consent. If given, then the Man (If he has a wife or wives) must then seek to have his Wife of Wives or Husband fulfill the Law of Sarah (D&C 132:65, 59, 61-64; Isaiah 47:1-15) or the Women (If she is married) should seek her Husband's counsel and together concerning this other Women she feels that belongs in their Family and Kingdom. This is done that all things be done in righteousness. The Man or Women should next go to their own Father or guardian (Only if possible and reasonable) that they may honor thy Father and Mother (Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 5:16; Matthew 15:4, 19:19; Luke 18:20; Ephesians 6:2; 1 Nephi 17:55; Mosiah 13:20) and that they might have the opportunity to receive the same revelation and to receive their counsel. They then should go to the Father or guardian of the person they are interested in courting (Only if possible and reasonable) to make their interest known and honor the other person's Father and Mother that they might also receive the same opportunity to receive the same revelation and to receive their counsel. Then and only then, after everything has been done most proper having righteously sought the Lord's will first and then having paid proper respect, would they even let the other person know of their interest. It is also not accounted unto righteousness for a man having a wife or wives to spend his time chasing around for new wives. It is a man's obligation to set his own house in order and his many stewardships with his wife or wives and children (Deuteronomy 21:15-17) and let the single women seeing his good works, seek and ask to enter into his family or as God may inspire and command the man. Marriages should be solemnized by one of the Priesthood Patriarchal Fathers (Or another if desired) with the proper priesthood authority in the proper place appointed (D&C 124:38-39) and (If seeking to be one day sealed) by the revelation and permission of the one who holds the keys (D&C 132:7; TPJS, p.336). Divorces must be by just cause according to the Scriptures (Matthew 19:3-9; Mark 10:2-12). And if not, the offending party must make restitution as counseled by the Council of Elders and sustained unanimously by the common consent of the Body or leave the Community. There shall be no Bills of Divorcement excepting for fornication (Matthew 5:31-32; 19:7-9; Mark 10:2-12; 3 Nephi 27:31-32, 12:31-32) and murder (Alma 39:5), and we shall live by the spirit of the full Law of Obedience (1 Peter 3:1-10; Genesis 3:16). Marriages between kinsmen or kinswomen, as defined in the Law (Leviticus 18:6-19; 20:14), shall also make restitution as counseled by the Council of Elders and sustain unanimously by the common consent of the Body or leave the Community.
11) We shall all have equal equity and fairness with all things in common according to our just wants and needs (D&C 78:3-8; 82:17-19; 51:2-3; Mosiah 18:29) with no discrimination being tolerated (D&C 101:77). This, however, does not preclude segregation of races as God commands (Genesis 24:3; Deuteronomy 32:8; Nehemiah 13:1, 3; Hosea 7:8; 2 Corinthians 6:14, 17-18; 2 Nephi 5:20-23; Alma 3:9-14). As we set standards for one man, it is applicable to all men unless by counsel and unanimous common consent an exception is approved that does not stand in defiance to the Spirit of God's wisdom and Law. If we have sustenance on one table, it shall be found equally on all tables that desire it (D&C 49:19-20). No one person or group shall be above another in voice, needs or possessions. However, those who fail to go by the Standards or set order, whether in voice or deed, shall make full restitution (D&C 58:42-43; 64:8-13; 42:88-93) as counseled by the Council of Elders and by a unanimous common consent of the body or leave the Community (D&C 93:30-32; 134:10). It is our goal to obtain the Heavenly Gift (4 Nephi 1:3; Ether 12:8; Hebrews 6:4-6).