Evergreen Introduction

Evergreen Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 17th Jul, 2007 - 11:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
A wannabe RPGer who does not know the fundamentals to the Art of Discussion.
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2007 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Evergreen Introduction
A Friend

Evergreen Introduction

Hello,

I am interested in the rpg elements of this site. I think something went wrong with my last registration so I'll make this brief. I don't believe I did anything to cause myself to be banned, but my account disappeared while I was browsing. It was very Odd.

At any rate, what I'm interested in most is playing the text based rpg games. I enjoy rpg very much but I find that most sites do not have an especially active community. I will mostly be around Monday through Friday 7am-5pm EST.

Evergreen

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2007 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Evergreen

Greetings RPGer

We have three types of RPGs here, which one are you interested in:

1. Start Now Type: For those who want to start immediately then you need to go to: https://www.RulerofKings.com or https://www.textrpg.com/emperorofasia and https://www.textrpg.com/jerusalemconquest register on those.

2. Integrated RPGs: This is where the RPGs are part of the Community. Games like Plugged, Cozyville and others considers what you do in the Community and thus it affects game play. To see a list of these check the RPG Stuff Page.

3. Writer's Paradise: For for those who prefer well thought out storylines where the players are more mature then keep reading below:
You need to make 30 Constructive Posts as a test to see how well you can participate in our Text Based Games, so get started now by selecting a Board and giving your input.

Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2007 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Evergreen Introduction
A Friend

Evergreen Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Greetings,

It's very nice to meet you Zydir. My account seems to have lasted a bit longer this time. I wonder what went wrong before. Although perhaps it's best not to ask.

I've arrived here chasing after the Writer's Paradise rpgs but I'm not sure about making 30 constructive posts if they are not rpg related. I wonder if I could use the Start Now Type rpgs to get those posts in. Of course then I might have started something which I don't care to maintain. I'd feel badly doing such a thing.

I'm not sure I understand the Integrated RPGs. I'm not familiar with them and would be completely lost I think.

Most of my experience is with pen and paper rpgs or interactive storytelling. On my interactives, which are elsewhere, and perhaps mentioning where will get me in trouble so I won't, I find that people are so slow to respond I get very bored. I've had to wait as long as a month for responses on one of them. It drives me insane.

Thanks much for the useful links!

Happy Writing,
-Evergreen

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2007 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction Evergreen

Evergreen, welcome. If you are not sure in making 30 constructive posts, then I would suggest you to try the start now RPG's. There are three at the moment, please check Zydir's links. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2007 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,028
Flag Posts: 51,685
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.43 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Evergreen

You can use the Member Wars Board and access a Thread there called, 'Storytelling' or something like that. This Thread will let you know what you need to start your own scenario based Thread if you want something totally based on writing with your own theme.

You can accumulate 30 Posts talking about RPGs in the RPG Review Board or Board Games Board. In fact there is the the Site Map which lists all subjects available. All we ask is that you pay CLOSE attention to our Constructive Posting Policies.

If you cannot achieve any of that then this is not the place for you, you can try one of those Teeny Bopper Forums where anything goes.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2007 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Evergreen Introduction
A Friend

Evergreen Introduction

JB,

I'd feel awfully silly being in a Teeny Bopper Forum since I'm 30 something. I don't really speak the same language. Even as a teen I was told by my peers that they didn't understand me because I used "all these big words". I'm still not sure which words in particular they were referring to.

It isn't at all that I don't think I can make constructive posts. I simply am not interested in arguing or debating. I never have been. I prefer to create. I get plenty of real life in real life if that makes any sense. In addition I find that I don't really fit in with most people. It isn't that I don't want to. I just have very different perspectives on life from most. I have to lie to avoid conflict and I don't like to do that either. I also try to avoid negativity whenever possible. I find that it makes me negative.

I am sincerely hurt that you think I belong back in those teen years which terrorized me so much. I realize that that is baggage I carry and not your responsibility or anyone's but my own.

-Evergreen

LDS_forever,

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I had been considering it. I wish I understood why I need to be social in order to participate in the other rpg's. I'm fine when I can be a character, but I don't like revealing too much of myself online. It makes me feel exposed and when people are mean to the real me it really hurts. If it's a character of mine it isn't so bad.

Oh dear, I think I'm giving away way too much about my true nature right now actually. I will run and hide now.

Thanks Again,
Evergreen

Reconcile Edited: Evergreen on 17th Jul, 2007 - 11:56pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2007 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Evergreen Introduction

Honey, for goodness sake, this is an online COMMUNITY, not online isolation, if you joined I am guessing that you knew beforehand that you would have to interact with people in cyberspace?

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2007 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,028
Flag Posts: 51,685
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.43 FP
Charm: 394

Evergreen Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Evergreen, if you feel hurt already then may I suggest you delete your account now rather than continue to force yourself to be here. This a mature minded Community where offense and hurt feelings do not belong.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Evergreen Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,