Gabrielle Reece

Gabrielle Reece - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 16th Jun, 2008 - 8:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 25th Jul, 2007 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

Gabrielle Reece

Gabrielle Reece

What are your thoughts about Gabrielle?

Birth Place: Trinidad
Date of Birth: January 6, 1970
Heritage: Trinidad
Famous for: Model and columnist for Women's Sports & Fitness magazine

More info: https://www.superiorpics.com/gabrielle_reece/

Gabrielle Reece
Gabrielle Reece (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
25th Jul, 2007 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

Reece Gabrielle

This is a very talented woman who went through a lot growing up. Her mother abandoned her basically (leaving her with relatives) so she could go with a circus to train dolphins rolleyes.gif and her father (an Afro-Trinidadian) died when she was five years old in a plane crash. She basically lived with friends. A very sad life. I am glad she was able to overcome all her challenges and become a successful model and athlete.

Rather off topic, but...
Someone was saying in another thread how she looks very European, true that she has prevalent European features but she looks mixed to me.

26th Jul, 2007 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Gabrielle Reece Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Social constructs are a funny thing!
A Trini with some degree of African ancestry does not necessarily make said person an Afro-Trinidadian.

This is my definition:
1. An Afro-Trinidadian is an individual with obvious phenotype that is an attribute of Africa.
2. An Afro-Trinidadian is anyone who identifies himself with Africa regardless of degree of other ethnicity present.

Edward Seaga (Jamaica) noted that he has African ancestry. Does that make him a Afro-Jamaican?
Cameron Diaz used to say she had an Afro-Cuban grandmother. Does that make her a Afro-Cuban?
Is Hugo Chavez an Afro-Venezuelan?

They are obviously people of mixed ancestry who accept their roots as part of themselves. Self definition is the operative word here meaninf if one group can apply that principle, then it is applicable to all! That is all that I am saying and nothing more.

Gabrielle Reece is beautiful indeed!

Reconcile Edited: yeniseri on 26th Jul, 2007 - 6:55pm

26th Jul, 2007 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Reece Gabrielle

Yeniseri, the topic is about Gabrielle Reece and my statement saying her father is an Afro-Trinidadian is because she described him as Black. It is not my opinion neither my description because I never saw a picture of her father.

28th Jul, 2007 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

Reece Gabrielle

Before this Thread I did not hear anything about Gabrielle Reece, in fact I do not recall any mention of the name of Gabrielle Reece on television, papers or radio. I knew about Gabrielle Reece from a few beach competitions, but was clueless to her relationship with this country. Maybe Gabrielle Reece does not have a flag in her hand or want to wine to calypso so she is not as popular? Any Trinis knew that Gabrielle Reece was a Trinidadian?

28th Jul, 2007 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Gabrielle Reece

Gabrielle Reece seems to be a private person and does not really talk about herself or her background and there is really no reason that she should! I met some Trinis of various mixed ethnicities and they/we rarely talk about T&T except in the presence of other Trinis.

I was on another Trini forum and someone mentioned it! Luckily, I saw here name on a golf magazine by accident and they said her father was from Trinidad. That was the extent of my awareness!

Reconcile Edited: yeniseri on 28th Jul, 2007 - 5:53pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Aug, 2007 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Gabrielle Reece

I've never heard of this doll before, where has she been all my life? Maybe I need to start searching to see who are Trinis online so I can broaden my horizons!

16th Jun, 2008 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Gabrielle Reece Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

She was recently on Good Morning America because she had a baby and still looks slim. The interviewer was asking how she does it. I am thinking well she is 6'3" so she does not have to do much. I went on looking to see if I could find the interview, but I did come across this! I did not know she was on Playboy. It was also interesting to see how she kept looking at the FRIENDS star. Your thoughts?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Gabrielle Reece

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,