What I As A Christian Love About Islam.

What Christian Love Islam - Studies of Islam - Posted: 3rd Aug, 2007 - 12:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

30th Jul, 2007 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

In the topics that I have discussed about Islam I have been critical of the Islamic World as a whole. That being said, I as a Christian admire many aspects of the Islamic Faith.

1. Their Love of God "There is no god but God(Allah), and Muhammad is His Messenger"
2. Islam's reliance on Prayer (called to prayer at least 5 times a day)
3. Islams desire to help the poor
4. The doctrine of Fasting especially during the Ramadan
5. Pilgramege to holy sights. I can understand the desire to do this as I would like to visit some of the holy sights of my own religion (Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Adam-ondi-Ahman).

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2007 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Islam Love Christian As What

A beautiful gesture and a very commendable thread. May God bless you for your efforts.

However may I say that what you admire in Islamic faith is nothing but a reflection of your own. The constant call to Prayer, Worship of nothing but God, Fasting and Pilgrimage can be found within your very own Bible.

Islam is simply the pinnacle of the Abrahamic tradition which was championed by Jesus the Spirit of God.

3rd Aug, 2007 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

What I As A Christian Love About Islam. Islam Studies

I do not think I can say that I "love" anything about Islam. I use to rate the religion higher in years gone by, but with the advent of technology and the seeing and many testimonies and attitudes among those who profess to be part of Islam I have actually become turned off by it. However, this Thread I guess is to focus on the positive aspects. The first thing that I appreciate is their strong emphasis on being clothed fully, maybe not the hijab, but I do appreciate that woman and men both have high standards of dress. I think the length and types of fasting is great too.

3rd Aug, 2007 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Islam Love Christian As What

I do not "love" anything about Islam, I do admire few things of the Religion. One of them is the great emphasis they give on Prayer as well as Chastity.

> TOPIC: What I As A Christian Love About Islam.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,