Us Sells Weapons To Middle East

Us Sells Weapons Middle East - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Aug, 2007 - 1:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2007 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

U.S. TO SELL HIGH-TECH WEAPONS TO MIDDLE EAST ALLIES

The United States announced a plan Monday to sell an estimated $20 billion US worth of sophisticated weaponry to countries in the Persian Gulf, but said it doesn't expect anything in return.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...ns-package.html

Sponsored Links:
3rd Aug, 2007 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

East Middle Weapons Sells Us

Those of you who have read some of my rants know that I always focus on the classic double standard used by the US to infiltrate its desire on other countries. For instance they once hired Saddam to get Iran out, then they later had to come and get Saddam out. They once hired Bin Laden and his crew to get the Russians out, now they are looking for Bin Laden. There are other examples, but I will not list all here as I am already finished building my point, which is... are they going to sell weapons to countries in which they may later have to return and fight against?

I am all for for the US spreading freedom and the 'American' dream, but I am a bit puzzled at the way they go about it.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

3rd Aug, 2007 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Us Sells Weapons To Middle East History & Civil Business Politics

America should stop giving Government foreign aid to ALL countries regardless of their allied status with us. (interesting note 79 percent of aid given to foreign nations is private) Source usinfo.state.gov

The United States Government should stop helping countries that hate us (most of the islamic counties and a large portion of Europe) and ween those countries that like us from receiving our help. No one really appreciates it anyway.

For instance they once hired Saddam to get Iran out, then they later had to come and get Saddam out. They once hired Bin Laden and his crew to get the Russians out, now they are looking for Bin Laden

Hindsight is always 20/20

During the cold war much of our fighting was done in Surrogate. The Russians supported Iran, we supported Iraq.
The russians were fighting in Aphganistan, we supported the Aphani "resistance".

Was it a mistake? Maybe.

But such are the unfortunate and distasteful actions taken to win wars(even if it was a cold war).

Was it unusual for the major powers to use other to fight for them. Not really, in the historical perspective of things. Every large country has hired mercenaries to do their battles for them.

I am not here to say that this is right or wrong or that it won't backfire, but rather to say that the U.S. is not unique in doing this. Every Major power in history has fought its wars through surrogates, but not always with rosy results(Wars are never rosy)

Rather off topic, but...

I am an American Citizen and consider myself a Conservative.
The current administration is not a conservative administration.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

3rd Aug, 2007 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Dbackers)
America should stop giving Government foreign aid to ALL countries regardless of their allied status with us.

The fact is they do because it bring them something... that 'something' is analyzed a lot in other Threads. Also, we live in a global economy, survival is no longer done in isolation as one group needs another and so forth.

I am not here to say that this is right or wrong or that it won't backfire, but rather to say that the U.S. is not unique in doing this.

Of course they are not the only ones to do this, but they are the ones to do it most often with dire consequences afterwards... this Thread is merely a show of the continuing process of the US doing it. However, I can state that the thinking I am sure is based on the fact that they need weapons and they will get it, so rather than give the enemy money why not make a buck out of it. I do not see anything wrong with it really, it is merely business, but all the "these are our buddies" talk is just a front for the sale as far as I am concerned.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

4th Aug, 2007 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Of course they are not the only ones to do this, but they are the ones to do it most often with dire consequences afterwards...

I could not disagree with you more.

Russia and China, and even England and France and been equally guilty as the United States if not more of using surrogates to fight for them (Iran, Vietnam, North Korea, the United States fighting against Nazi Germany) especially if you look at the entire history of the 20th Century.

I am not justifying it, but pointing out that it is has been the current state of affairs in this imperfect world since the beginning. Maybe that should change, and I hope it does, but an insistence that the US is the primary broker of using surrogetes ignores the actions of many countries today and in the past.

Rather off topic, but...

It would be an interesting thread (I must have a boring life) to discuss the history of Surrogate Warfare with the Romans, Greeks, and Ottomans.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

4th Aug, 2007 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Dbackers)
I could not disagree with you more.

It does not matter, this Thread after all is entitled, "US Sells Weapon to Middle East".

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Aug, 2007 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Us Sells Weapons Middle East

The US should not be selling these weapons.

You are Right JB about this topic , and I understand your distrust of the US. The U.S. has done some pretty stupid thing in its history that I do not fully agree with.
Selling these weapons will backfire on us in the long run.

My rant was a little misplaced and off topic, but I was trying to put accross the fact that there may be a legitimate reason for the U.S. to deal (Selling weapons) with unsavory characters to fight characters that are more unsavory.

We deal with and help Saudi Arabia and Pakistan because they are slightly less nefarious then Al-Queda and the other Islamic Terrorists. I do not like it, but I can understand it. The United States and the allies fought along side Stalin in World War II to defeat Hitler. Stalin was a Monster and was a murderer, but we fought with him because of the growing threat of Nazi Germany. When that War was over we had to deal with Stalin's Russia (Something that lasted throughout the cold war).

I am not sure it is a matter of Business as you say, but rather a matter of helping the small shark to defeat the big one.

7th Aug, 2007 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Us Sells Weapons Middle East Politics Business Civil & History

QUOTE (Dbackers)
I understand your distrust of the US.

I would not refer to it as my distrust, I am just analyzing the pattern. When you do something over and over it is no longer just an action but an attitude. The US has continually reflected the position she will take when it comes to foreign policy. I know that you sometimes need to 'befriend' the enemy to defeat him, after all we learn that from 'The Art of War', but I cannot help but see the US not acting upon what the result should be. In other words, if you are going to do this, then ensure it works for you and NOT against you.

Rather off topic, but...
I do not always agree with US Policy and I am no different from any average US Citizen who may not agree either. Actually, I must admire the proactive position the US takes in staying on top of things, it is something that I would like to see my own country do, but that will never happen as one can see by the many rants in that Board.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Us Sells Weapons To Middle East

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,