Requirements For This Board

Requirements Board - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Nov, 2006 - 4:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
IMPORTANT
16th Oct, 2006 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Are we all fine with the Requirements For This Board or should we change it so that more Members can view it, more LDS Members that is... One reason I ask is because of two things:

1. A lot of people Upgrade hoping to read here (it can be an incentive to Upgrade), anyone willing to donate just to read our thoughts has to be serious.

2. Can we really stop them? I mean there is so much negativity on the net, what are we trying to stop if we are actually discussing history, news and events in a healthy way?

I left this Thread open to see what you think, since it will affect all who post here.

Sponsored Links:
16th Oct, 2006 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Board This Requirements

I think the way we discuss the topics are (as you put it) in a "healthy" way. You cannot avoid the "dumbie" (I cannot really find another word for it undecided.gif ) who suffers from self-righteousness and will pull up the card of us being Apostates. I do not care, as long as we are discussing it in order to learn, understand and contribute I do not see anything wrong in "open up" the mature section a little more. There is nothing we discuss we should be ashamed about.

16th Oct, 2006 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Requirements For This Board Studies Doctrine Mormon

We do not merely want someone curious though or adding silly input just because they Upgraded, so how will we determine that, should there still be a selective process? If we use such a process then it means it falls back to the current standard that I now have.

16th Oct, 2006 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

Board This Requirements

I am not sure if upgrading should be one of the steps, since right now I can think of a couple of LDS members of this site that may upgrade...that if they come here, or either will get really confused and lost and basically will not participate or leave. I don't know. I am giving the benefit of the doubt. I think whether they upgrade or not, the process should be done based on level and quality of participation within the LDS board. If a member (based on posts) seem to not know the basics then I see trouble. You have to think that a lot of members may want to upgrade just out of curiosity more than anything else. By the other hand, this little section of the forum is amazing and need more activity.

16th Oct, 2006 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Board This Requirements

Upgrading will not be taken away as there must be an incentive to donate, and so far what you are saying seems to mean that we need to stick to current requirements.

1st Nov, 2006 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

There seems to be no other input into this from anyone else...

I have decided to open up the gate to this Board and allow Members who have Upgraded with the expectation of seeing this section - see it. After all, what is the use of all this Discussion if it is hidden?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Nov, 2006 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

Requirements This Board

I agree, I think it will be good for all of us to have other people in this little place of ours where we discuss more serious issues. I know Nighthawk would not mind at all. wink.gif I suggest JB to tell the new members coming a little warning through e-mail on what they may find, so they know what to expect. We do not want to send anybody less active.

1st Nov, 2006 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

Requirements This Board Mormon Doctrine Studies

I didn't actually see this thread until now. I agree with opening up to upgraded members. I think anyone coming here to cause trouble (for instance, "anti" folks) isn't going to upgrade to get into this particular board.

IMO
Roz

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Requirements For This Board

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,