Should I Switch To Palm Scriptures?

Should Switch Palm Scriptures - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 17th Jul, 2009 - 5:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

For those who have never held a PALM in their life!
4th Aug, 2007 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Should I Switch To Palm Scriptures?

Should I Switch To PALM Scriptures?

This Thread is to Discuss the Pros and Cons of switching to PALM Scriptures from those who have NEVER tried a PALM before and are thinking about making the change over.

Sponsored Links:
4th Aug, 2007 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Scriptures Palm Switch Should

The Pros of making the change to Palm Scriptures are:

1. Speed (find any scripture in matter of seconds)

2. The unit is very small, forget about carrying your heavy quad every Sunday!

3. Make notes without making a mess. You can make notes between verses and erase easily if you commit a mistake (you cannot do that with your quad).

Cons:

1. Battery life can be an issue if you are not good at saving power.

2. You are the type that need to *feel* a *real* book.

3. Depending on your PALM, resolutions are not the sharpest in some cases.

8th Aug, 2007 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Should I Switch To Palm Scriptures? Studies Doctrine Mormon

One thing you have to be prepared for is addiction and time consumption. When you see how many books you can carry with you on a PDA you tend to get a little out of hand. Also, you tend to be 'playing' with it - testing this and that in the initial stage. It does take some time to get used to, but it definitely is a winning way to go for the traveler. I will still keep my paper scriptures though, I doubt all the notes and markings I have made in it can truly be replaced.

3rd May, 2009 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

I agree with you JB, and I would also add to what has been said, and point out that technology keeps changing, so the $100 plus software you bought, ten, or more, years ago, now won't work on a new computer. Yet I also agree with LDS, the ability to search for a verse is SO much easier on a computer program, than flipping through the thousand plus page Bible. Also it is easier, and less messy to make notes on those software programs, than it is on a book. The Church has a CD-Rom edition of the Scriptures, it's $6, you can find it here: Source 4
You can make notes on any verse, which is nice.

17th Jul, 2009 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

I tried dabbling with this but I just didn't take it seriously. I guess feeling the weight of the scriptures in my hand put me in the right mood to read properly.

> TOPIC: Should I Switch To Palm Scriptures?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,