During An Argument One Pushes

During Argument Pushes - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 4th Feb, 2008 - 1:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2007 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Humans often disagree on simple to complexed situations. Sometimes disagreements may become very heated between humans to the point that they verbally assault one another or fight physically. In this Thread we wish to analyze the person who uses aggression against another in an argument where both are verbal but one resorts to touch the other physically by pushing him back.

Consider the following:

Situation: Two humans that we will label as 'A', the aggressor (he pushes), and 'B' the victim (is pushed), are standing face to face about three to four feet apart arguing about something.

1. If A pushes B then is A automatically wrong if B insulted A's mother?

2. If A pushes B then is A automatically wrong if B was moving closer towards him?

3. If A pushes B then will B be wrong in pushing back?

4. How could B avoid A?

5. Does A seem somehow stronger than B?

Sponsored Links:
14th Aug, 2007 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Pushes Argument During

Should we assume that one of the two people in the examples include the reader?

I shall be example A.

1) smack him so hard he won't get up.

2) rule number one in the military code.... never let anyone get inside your strike zone. If he moves forward, smack him so hard he won't get up.

3) If I push him, he has the right to push back, then I'll smack him.

4) He should apologise and walk away. (nobody says that about my mother!)

5) not necessarily.

Now I'll be example B.

1) give myself an uppercut for being so rude

2) If he doesn't back away, offer to buy him a drink, 'cos he showed guts. (Unless he was aware of the military code and smacked me, then I'd have to smack him back).

3) He pushes me, I smack him so hard he won't get up.

4) Are you kidding? (Nobody says that about my mother!)

5) Not necessarily

Now I'll be a bystander.

1 to 5) Woohoo!

Some of the above answers are flippant, some aren't. The question has too many variables, but I think I understand your meaning. Who is the better man? He who wins the fight, or he who walks away?

4th Feb, 2008 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

During An Argument One Pushes Health & Special Psychology

This question is very thought provoking and I will try my best to give an honest answer.

1. If A pushes B then is A automatically wrong if B insulted A's mother?

I am speculating that B was losing the argument, hence the reason why he resorted to saying something vulgar about A's mother. From a psychological point of view, people who are very immature, usually hate to lose at anything. They also have a tendency of making very personal remarks, since it makes them feel that they are superior and possess the "power" to upset others. A is wrong to push B because A should mature enough to realize that B is deliberately goading him, to evoke a negative reaction. In addition to this, A is aggressively saying to B with his body language, "Bear in mind, I am a lot stronger than you are and I will not hesitate to beat you up. So shut up!"

2. If A pushes B then is A automatically wrong if B was moving closer towards him?

I have learnt in psychology that, depending on the culture, some individuals become nervous or consider it a threat, when someone is invading their "space," by moving closer. I believe that A is in a defensive mode. He is merely being proactive by giving a warning to B about not considering him to be a sitting duck. I agree with Philosopher here. In defense training, it is always prudent not to allow your opponent, to come closer to you. So to answer the question, no I do not think that A was wrong to push B away.

3. If A pushes B then will B be wrong in pushing back?

Yes B is wrong because I believe that two wrongs do not make a right. B is asking for trouble because his hostile reaction is giving a signal to A, that he is ready to fight him. But it can also be argued that it is simply human nature for some individuals, to push another person as their way of saying, "Don't do that!" Or perhaps, this is how some people are socialized; their parents may warn them as a child, never start a fight. However, some siblings or peers may add to this, by advising the person not to show their opponent how easy it is to walk all over him. In other words, don't allow the person "push" you around. Also, when human beings become agitated, it is inevitable that they may forget all reasoning.

4. How could B avoid A?

I agree with Philosopher; B should humbly apologize to A. Or, B should just walk away, before the situation escalates into a fight.

5. Does A seem somehow stronger than B?

No I do not agree with this. I believe that A has violent tendencies and he needs to enrol in an anger management class. It can also be argued that A is a walking time bomb because it is so easy for him to end up in jail because of his temper. He should be considered as weaker than B because no one should allow others to have control over their emotions. He had the opportunity to exercise good judgement, by demonstrating that real men do not stoop to the level of others. They choose to take the high road by walking away.

> TOPIC: During An Argument One Pushes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,