Man, 35, Dies After Drinking Too Much Water

Man 35 Dies Drinking Water - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 4th Feb, 2008 - 12:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

1st Feb, 2008 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

Man, 35, Dies After Drinking Too Much Water

You always hear that drinking water is great for your health...well...not so much!

When you hear of someone drinking themselves to death, most of us assume it's alcohol-related. But that wasn't the case for a 35-year-old man from the U.K., the Daily Mail reports.

An investigation into how Shaun McNamara died revealed that he drank himself to death after consuming too much water. His body was found on the floor of his bathroom last September.

At first, doctors thought McNamara had suffered a heart attack. It was not until an autopsy revealed that he had downed so much fluid, so fast, that his brain had swollen, the Mail reported.

"In 35 years as a pathologist I have never come across such a case," said Dr. Ian Reed, who carried out the autopsy....

Sponsored Links:
3rd Feb, 2008 - 7:37am / Post ID: #

Water Too Drinking Dies Man

This is really amazing. I shared it with a friend and she said she remembered it happening before! Probably really should be watched (guzzling water) on hot days or after excessive activities by everyone!

3rd Feb, 2008 - 9:05am / Post ID: #

Man, 35, Dies After Drinking Too Much Water Health & Special Psychology

We had a thread on a radio contest that went wrong after a contestant drank enough water to die. Unfortunately, I cannot find the thread on here, but here is the story.

https://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/17/...in2365259.shtml

When I was a kid in highschool, I had no idea that you could drink too much water. I even remember a water chugging contest we had when I was a Cross Country Runner and had no idea at the time it could be bad for us. However, I remember reading about a college hazing that went wrong with water chugging when I got into college. It just goes to prove that too much of anything is poisonous!

4th Feb, 2008 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

Water Too Drinking Dies Man

One of the many things that I really like about this group is, it can be very educational. I am one of those individuals who was raised to believe that you must drink a lot of water to remain hydrated or you will die. In high school, my biology teacher always placed emphasis on the fact that 90% of the human body is made up of water and 10% is made up of blood cells. She even asked the question, if a person was stuck in a desert, would he survive if he ate bread alone or drank only water? And of course, the answer would be water. Many doctors also support the view that it is important to drink 8 glasses of water per day, to keep the body hydrated. One doctor here in Trinidad stated that in tropical countries, 8 glasses of water is insufficient to keep an individual hydrated and we should drink 10 glasses per day. And now this thread is indicating the hazards of drinking too much water. I read this thread last night and I told my spouse today and he too, could not believe it! I am happy to be a part of this group because I learn so many new things!

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 4th Feb, 2008 - 12:46am

> TOPIC: Man, 35, Dies After Drinking Too Much Water

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,