Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes - Page 3 of 5

There was a 5.4 earthquake yesterday evening - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 17th Apr, 2015 - 2:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
28th Aug, 2013 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes - Page 3

Anyone felt the earthquake yesterday morning? It lasted a few seconds. I was at work when it happened.

international QUOTE
The University of the West Indies Seismic Research Centre (SRC) today recorded an earthquake, the third felt in Trinidad this month.The quake, which measured magnitude 3.9, originated on Trinidad's north west.

The SRC's official recorded stated "On Tuesday 27th August, 2013 at 7:59am local time an earthquake occurred North-west of Trinidad. The event was located at 10.76°N and 61.79°W. The magnitude was 3.9 and the depth 57 km. There were felt reports from Cocorite and Maraval, Trinidad". Source 2

Sponsored Links:
12th Oct, 2013 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

Earthquakes Hurricanes Tobago and Trinidad

Just experienced one of the strongest ones I have ever felt. The point of origin was off the coast of Venezuela but it almost busted our windows and went one for about 25-30 seconds. See more: Source 3

12th Oct, 2013 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I couldn't believe how strong it was and how long it lasted. My windows almost shattered! We will have to look for the after shocks.

16th Oct, 2013 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Earthquakes Hurricanes Tobago and Trinidad

Thankfully. There were no aftershocks. It started of with a kind of uneasy feeling then a slight rocking which intensified after a few seconds until the whole house started to shake. If that lasted longer, we could've experienced some serious damage.

16th Oct, 2013 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Earthquakes Hurricanes Tobago and Trinidad

Aftershocks don't have to come right away, they can take days, weeks or months before you encounter one. At least the theory is they don't come as strong as the first one.

5th Feb, 2015 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes

At 5:50pm I felt the tremble from an earthquake 64km West of Port of Spain. It measured a little over 5 on the Richter scale. It has been awhile since a significant earthquake was felt, is this the start?

international QUOTE (Wiki)
The Richter scale is a base-10 logarithmic scale, which defines magnitude as the logarithm of the ratio of the amplitude of the seismic waves to an arbitrary, minor amplitude.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Feb, 2015 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes Earthquakes - Page 3

Actually, it is quite the opposite. More we feel these mini-earthquakes, better the chances of not getting a huge one because the pressure is being released.

17th Apr, 2015 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes Earthquakes Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

There was a 5.4 earthquake yesterday evening that lasted about 10-15 seconds. It was strong enough to feel the rumbling but nothing major happened.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,