Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes - Page 2 of 5

Kamla gave an statement concerning the major - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 12th Mar, 2011 - 12:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
27th Feb, 2010 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes - Page 2

Can you imagine Westmoorings after an earthquake and the possibility of a tsunami afterward? It will be gone!

Sponsored Links:
14th Aug, 2010 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Earthquakes Hurricanes Tobago and Trinidad

How many of you felt the earthquake early this morning? It was pretty small but look out for the aftershocks. It was felt in Trinidad and some parts of Tobago:

international QUOTE
On Saturday, August 14th, 2010 at 04:40 a.m. Local time an earthquake occurred north of Paria Peninsula. The earthquake was reported as widely felt in Trinidad and Bon Accord in Tobago thus far. The event was located at 11.28°N , 62.49°W. The magnitude was 5.1 and the depth was 116km. No damage or injuries were reported.

27th Dec, 2010 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I just felt an earthquake about five minutes ago. It was strong enough that I had to stand up and brace the TV to stop it from falling. Not a nice feeling.

27th Dec, 2010 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Earthquakes Hurricanes Tobago and Trinidad

I am awaiting for official information but the rumor is that the earthquake's magnitude was 5.1, it certainly felt it as way more stronger than that.

27th Dec, 2010 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

Earthquakes Hurricanes Tobago and Trinidad

I felt it too I thought it was stronger than that but we'll know more tomorrow when the news gets the figure. If Tobago got the worst of it then they'll probably have some structural damage.

27th Dec, 2010 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes

The Seismic Center of UWI is saying that the preliminary data suggests a magnitude of 4.5 however they stated "Please note that these results are preliminary and may vary slightly when additional data is processed".

Source 2

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Dec, 2010 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes Earthquakes - Page 2

I felt it too (here in the West) but it was fast. Often times I wonder how my neighborhood here (Westmoorings) will be affected in the case of an earthquake and possible tsunami.

12th Mar, 2011 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes Earthquakes Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

Kamla gave an statement concerning the major earthquake that hit Japan and her desire of being prepared in case one of this magnitude hits Trinidad and Tobago:

international QUOTE
"I don't recall any systems being put into place (by the previous government) for a major disaster. I have asked the National Security Minister, who is in charge of the ODPM, to give me an update on some of the plans being discussed," she said following the opening of the new Eye Theatre and Eye/ENT Ward at San Fernando General Hospital.

She said the Office of Disaster Preparedness (ODPM) was instructed to keep a watch for any unusual rise in sea level. However, she assured citizens that Trinidad and Tobago was not under a tsunami watch. Minister of National Security, Brigadier John Sandy, was meeting the relevant disaster preparedness agencies, she said.

"There may be no possibility but it pays to be on the alert for any rise in sea level," she said. Source 3

I am truly concerned because if Japan being one of the countries better equipped in dealing with this type of natural disasters, what could happen to us when we are absolutely surrounded by water, most of our buildings aren't prepared for this type of situations and overall there is no proper procedures in place. Scary thought.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,