Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes - Page 2 of 5

Kamla gave an statement concerning the major - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 12th Mar, 2011 - 12:40pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Add Reply QReply
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2010 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 17,344
Avg: 3.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 86.9%
[+] Gain: 1,229.06 FP
Charm: 336

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes - Page 2

Can you imagine Westmoorings after an earthquake and the possibility of a tsunami afterward? It will be gone!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Aug, 2010 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle

Earthquakes Hurricanes Tobago and Trinidad

How many of you felt the earthquake early this morning? It was pretty small but look out for the aftershocks. It was felt in Trinidad and some parts of Tobago:

Attached Image QUOTE
On Saturday, August 14th, 2010 at 04:40 a.m. Local time an earthquake occurred north of Paria Peninsula. The earthquake was reported as widely felt in Trinidad and Bon Accord in Tobago thus far. The event was located at 11.28°N , 62.49°W. The magnitude was 5.1 and the depth was 116km. No damage or injuries were reported.

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2010 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,424
Avg: 7.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 3,020.30 FP
Charm: 351

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I just felt an earthquake about five minutes ago. It was strong enough that I had to stand up and brace the TV to stop it from falling. Not a nice feeling.

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2010 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle

Page 2 Earthquakes Hurricanes Tobago and Trinidad

I am awaiting for official information but the rumor is that the earthquake's magnitude was 5.1, it certainly felt it as way more stronger than that.

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2010 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 160
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.1%
[+] Gain: 234.27 FP
Charm: 1

Earthquakes Hurricanes Tobago and Trinidad

I felt it too I thought it was stronger than that but we'll know more tomorrow when the news gets the figure. If Tobago got the worst of it then they'll probably have some structural damage.

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2010 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes

The Seismic Center of UWI is saying that the preliminary data suggests a magnitude of 4.5 however they stated "Please note that these results are preliminary and may vary slightly when additional data is processed".

Source 2

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2010 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Member Writer
[?] CPosts: 273
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.7%
[+] Gain: 215.70 FP
Charm: 1

Page 2 Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes Earthquakes

I felt it too (here in the West) but it was fast. Often times I wonder how my neighborhood here (Westmoorings) will be affected in the case of an earthquake and possible tsunami.

Post Date: 12th Mar, 2011 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle

Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes Earthquakes - Page 2

Kamla gave an statement concerning the major earthquake that hit Japan and her desire of being prepared in case one of this magnitude hits Trinidad and Tobago:

Attached Image QUOTE
"I don't recall any systems being put into place (by the previous government) for a major disaster. I have asked the National Security Minister, who is in charge of the ODPM, to give me an update on some of the plans being discussed," she said following the opening of the new Eye Theatre and Eye/ENT Ward at San Fernando General Hospital.

She said the Office of Disaster Preparedness (ODPM) was instructed to keep a watch for any unusual rise in sea level. However, she assured citizens that Trinidad and Tobago was not under a tsunami watch. Minister of National Security, Brigadier John Sandy, was meeting the relevant disaster preparedness agencies, she said.

"There may be no possibility but it pays to be on the alert for any rise in sea level," she said. Source 3

I am truly concerned because if Japan being one of the countries better equipped in dealing with this type of natural disasters, what could happen to us when we are absolutely surrounded by water, most of our buildings aren't prepared for this type of situations and overall there is no proper procedures in place. Scary thought.

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Sponsored Links:

Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
# Words:
# Sentences:
# Paragraphs:
Reading Time:
Optional:
Search

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Hurricanes And Earthquakes

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2020
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,

T&T Latest

Current Trinidad & Tobago related Discussion from our Community:

Highlights

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 20th Jan, 2020 - 10:56pm
Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago: The way our women are harassed is deplorable, there is no respect for women in T&T! By JB 18th Jul, 2019 - 12:43am
Wearing Camouflage Colors In Trinidad & Tobago: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By Callaloo 5th Jun, 2019 - 7:46pm
Trinidad & Tobago's Crime Problem: Open Discussion on the crime situation in T&T By CocoaEyes 31st May, 2019 - 9:40pm
Kidnappings in Trinidad: At one time kidnappings for ransom happened almost daily. Its not the case anymore, why? By News 17th Apr, 2019 - 7:59pm
Human Trafficking In Trinidad?: Human trafficking in T&T is more prevalent that we may know. By News 12th Aug, 2018 - 3:28pm
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 30th Apr, 2018 - 2:09pm
Terrorism In Trinidad & Tobago: Are groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda working in T&T? By News 9th Feb, 2018 - 10:33pm
Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%: Do Trinis understand economics or they do not care? By JoePublic 23rd Nov, 2017 - 10:16am
Trinidad & Tobago Taxation - Tax - Taxes: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 16th Nov, 2017 - 3:50pm
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 6th Nov, 2017 - 1:47pm
Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 27th Apr, 2017 - 10:49pm