Red Women

Red Women - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 15th Oct, 2007 - 12:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 19th Aug, 2007 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Red Women

Red Women

I have heard that Trini Red Women are usually more expensive and demanding than other Trini women, is that true?

Sponsored Links:
20th Aug, 2007 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Women Red

It is falsehood but it does have its adherents!

It can be said that 'Red Women' may have a higher degree of social awareness about how others view them and how they adapt to that perceived viewpoint vis a vis unmixed women of African origin, who may be of marginal level of education and of a certain social class.

Based on that concept we are leaving the Trini verson of consciousness to an Afro-Saxon English sense of propriety and projection of social desire into personal acquisition. If you want something, you 'pay' for it in various means per the 'less abundant' more desirable or precious mode of thought.

20th Aug, 2007 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Red Women Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Yeniseri:

It can be said that 'Red Women' may have a higher degree of social awareness about how others view them and how they adapt to that perceived viewpoint vis a vis unmixed women of African origin, who may be of marginal level of education and of a certain social class.

So are you suggesting Trinis perceive "Red Women" as having class and the unmixed ones as not? If so, where that thinking comes from? I have seen many "Red" women with no class or education and many unmixed women with all the opposite.

If you want something, you 'pay' for it in various means per the 'less abundant' more desirable or precious mode of thought.

Why are they more "desirable"? I am not a man wink.gif but personally, I do not see much difference between a "Red" women and an unmixed one.

25th Aug, 2007 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Women Red

Exactly!
Beauty is in th eye of the beholder. I personally find the concept of facial structure to be fascinating (as opposed to colour) so facial variety is fascinating to me.
Advertising shows us if we talk about something or show it off enough it becomes desirable so we are imbued with the sense that if the money is burning a hole in your pocket, why not get Red woman, keeping in mind, there will be different levels of what individuals perceive as a 'red woman'.
A red woman is mulata, fine, creamy skin, with some type of spoken fluency, dresses well and knows how to carry herself. Social class is a different matter so at this point I do not care. I actually prefer madrasi (blue/black as I may say) if I have to choose but I hope I can see beauty in all God's creatures!

forever stated

If so, where that thinking comes from? I have seen many "Red" women with no class or education and many unmixed women with all the opposite
but I have no idea where it comes from. Societal social constructs, perhaps and I wil agree that an educated woman is an educated woman, regardless of social class or other affiliation.

25th Aug, 2007 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Women Red

Yeniseri:

A red woman is mulata, fine, creamy skin, with some type of spoken fluency, dresses well and knows how to carry herself.

Like I met all the opposite "red" women. spock.gif In any case, I wonder if this stereotype about them has anything to do with them being mixed with "white".

Here in the Caribbean (unfortunately) most people continue living in colonial times, therefore anything "close to white" may be perceived as *more* attractive, *more* eloquent, *more* desirable, even if that's not the case.

27th Aug, 2007 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

Red Women

Forever,

Trinidad has changed alot since I left.
Certain people lived in certain places so if somebody say ' she living Long Circular, or Cascade, or Goodwood Park, you generally have a picture in your mind the person to whom you are referring. Now everybody everywhere and that is good.

As a Trini, my definition was always different from the many since my father always looked like a foreigner in T&T (born in Barbados) and they always refered to him as a white man (European), which he does not ascribe to but he does have European ancestry. The colonial mentality, sadly, is still alive and blooming, to say the least!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Oct, 2007 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

Red Women

Those red ladies are trouble any way you take it. devil.gif Yes, they have a stigma here, but of course it has nothing really to do with color, but more about attitude. The same attitude can be found in any 'color' you pick in a Trini woman, the difference may be that a 'redz' might just stand out more and so they get the brunt of tongue lashing, which really is unfortunate.

15th Oct, 2007 - 12:41pm / Post ID: #

Red Women Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

I have heard that Trini Red Women are usually more expensive and demanding than other Trini women, is that true?

laugh.gif That is the talk among Trini men? Define red woman because I see people these days pointing to all kinds of woman as red woman.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Red Women

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,