Trinis Who Embarass The Country Abroad - Page 2 of 4

Trinidad is a tiny nation but they surely - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 4th Jan, 2010 - 6:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2009 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Trinis Who Embarass The Country Abroad - Page 2

Name: Jeff

Comments: I do not know if these comments will make it through the screening process as I am putting forward a view that runs contrary to the prevailing opinion here but let's give it a shot anyway.

As an expat Trini, I have never understood the preoccupation of other Trinis with what the outside world thinks of the actions of Trinis abroad. In all my years outside of T&T, no person has EVER come up to me pointing a finger and laughing while calling the name of the latest Trini who has done something stupid.

I am more likely to be embarrassed by the inability of the government of T&T to successfully tackle the spiraling crime problem affecting our people back home. I am more likely to be embarrassed by dotish politicians making dotish statements about 'ethnic cleansing' in T&T or saying that the government will not put up with more murders in 2009 than in 2008 when more murders have already occurred in 2009 than for the same period in 2008. I am more likely to be embarrassed when the response of the local authorities to the savage attempted murder of foreigners is far greater than that for finding the killers of yet another Trini. Do not get me wrong, I am happy the couple survived and are now back in their native England but shouldn't ALL savage criminal acts get the same level of response? No foreigner's life is worth more than that of a Trini.

I would more than likely be embarrassed if when I went back home, simply flashing my US passport would suddenly elevate my case to get the 'preferred' degree of responsiveness if I were to become a victim of violent crime while my mother's other son, who still has a Trini passport would get the level of responsiveness relegated for Trinis with no foreign connections.

There is no way I am going to waste my time and energy being embarrassed by the negative actions of Trinis outside of T&T. What would people so 'easily embarrassed', have done several years ago if that sniper killing those innocent people in the Washington DC area had been a Trini instead of Jamaica? Kill themselves in shame? Whatever jurisdiction these law-breaking people are in the laws will deal with them appropriately and the world will keep spinning. I am embarrassed to say that sorry, but Trinidad and Tobago is not the center of the universe.

If all the positive things about T&T, and believe me there are many, can be so easily overshadowed in people's mind by the criminal or questionable actions of a Trini who you don't even know, then you must have your own deep-seated problems that go beyond that embarrassment.

I do not understand it at all so to me it is all about self hate.

Sponsored Links:
12th Sep, 2009 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Abroad Country Embarass Trinis

If all the positive things about T&T, and believe me there are many, can be so easily overshadowed in people's mind by the criminal or questionable actions of a Trini who you don't even know, then you must have your own deep-seated problems that go beyond that embarrassment.

Well, partner you sound like another Trini who lives far away from home yet you are thinking that you have everything figured out. Really you sound like you either drink too much and you don't care or you have nothing better to do than write ignorant sounding words. If this country has so many positive things, what the heck are you doing living abroad and flashing your US passport? Maybe it wasn't your daughter raped or your brother gunned down so it means nothing for you. We're a small group of people and one of us mess up, it represents us all.

23rd Sep, 2009 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

Trinis Who Embarass The Country Abroad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Hey let's not forget Dr Conrad Murray, the one who is responsible for Michael Jackson's demise! I was devastated when I heard Michael Jackson was dead and I was even more stunned when I learnt that a Trini was involved in his demise. I think the perception of Trinis would be, dishonest, greedy and murderers. It is quite shameful. It is bad enough that we have crime spiralling out of control here but for our own people to go abroad and instead of attempting to improve their own lives, they bring us down when we learn about the heinous crimes that they commit. I believe the only positive thing that foreigners would see in this country would be Carnival!

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2009 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Abroad Country Embarass Trinis

Name: Yeniseri

Comments: When it comes down to the nitty gritty, we are just a tiny island nation. We do not hold a monopoly on anything or anyone and who know about T&T, and more so most people in USA know nothing about history or its context.

For all practical purpose, we are just a town in Jamaica and we all look alike! That is a typical American response. No doubt some of us are more stupid and ignorant (yes, it is true, mi gente!) than the rest of us Trinis.

25th Sep, 2009 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Abroad Country Embarass Trinis

So, we come from a small island it gives us the right to go abroad and embarass the country?

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2009 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Trinis Who Embarass The Country Abroad

Name: Yeniseri

Comments: IC, Please Trini, please!
Ignorance abounds everywhere not only in T&T so we hardly have a monopoly on that! I see stupid Americans all day along with other people(s) but that does not mean all Americans are stupid! That would only show the severity of my ignorance and it would not be fair.

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: Two things: You are a Member, login as a Member and Post with your username. Next, please stop making religious references outside of the Religious Boards. Not everyone shares the same belief system.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Nov, 2009 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Trinis Embarass Country Abroad - Page 2

Another Trini doing non-sense abroad, and his crimes are truly horrific:

international QUOTE
A 46-year-old Trinidadian man who agreed to be extradited last year to Canada to answer seven counts of sexual offence, was yesterday found guilty in a Canadian court.

Leo Henry Edwards was found guilty on four counts sex assault, sex exploitation, sexual interference and invitation sex touching. He will be sentenced on January 20, 2010, and can be jailed for approximately ten to 12 years.

Edwards is accused of having sex with a step-child, having sex with a child under the age of 14, indecent assault, grievous sexual assault, serious indecency, buggery and rape.

4th Jan, 2010 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Trinis Embarass Country Abroad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

Trinidad is a tiny nation but they surely now how to make an impression abroad. rolleyes.gif This Trinidadian is New York City's most wanted criminal, listed by the NYPD for nearly a decade, and the only New Yorker currently among the US Marshals" national Top 15 Most Wanted Fugitives.

international QUOTE
As the new year broke - 2010 - an American newspaper has rekindled a police search for a 45-year-old Trinidadian, still believed to be New York's Most Wanted criminal. The New York Post carried an interview with a relative of the wanted man, who may still be hiding out in Trinidad.

According to the New York Post, Queens College basketball star Akim Neverson still looks over his shoulder for his mother's murderer, afraid that the ruthless fugitive will come out of the shadows to finish the job and kill him.

But the alleged killer who haunts his thoughts is no stranger; he's his relative.

The wanted man, is a close relative of Akim's beloved late mom, Patricia, is armed and dangerous, authorities say, and notorious for his explosive temper and fondness for guns. He's the worst of New York City's most wanted criminals, listed by the NYPD for nearly a decade, and the only New Yorker currently among the US Marshals" national Top 15 Most Wanted Fugitives.

"I can never totally be safe," said Akim, now 25 and a forward on the Knights. Akim told the New York Post: "When I"m walking, and it's dark or I"m in a crowd of people, I have to keep an extra eye out. I can't really ever be comfortable knowing he's out there."

Patricia Neverson, who was killed at age 39, had always supported the relative. She brought his girlfriends to visit him during his five-year stint in prison on a 1992 attempted-murder rap, and let him move into her home when he got out of jail.

But the relative wanted more. They argued over money, and he wanted ownership of Patricia's two-family Crown Heights, Brooklyn home. She refused and wanted him out....

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Trinis Who Embarass The Country Abroad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,