Americanism The Next Great Denomination?

Americanism Great Denomination - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 23rd Aug, 2007 - 12:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd Aug, 2007 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

I was reading a book that claimed Americanism is the best form of Christianity. They claimed That being patriotic for america was the right thing to do. What do you think?

Sponsored Links:
22nd Aug, 2007 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

Denomination Great The Americanism

QUOTE (shanecorp @ 22-Aug 07, 7:28 PM)
I was reading a book that claimed Americanism is the best form of Christianity.

Is this a joke? spock.gif I haven't hear something so silly for a while. Patriotism is great but call Americanism the best form of Christianity based on that fact is absurd.

23rd Aug, 2007 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Americanism The Next Great Denomination? Beliefs Religious General

I think every christian should love his country, but I am not sure that "Americanism " is the best form of Christianity.

I do believe however that The United States and America, (includes both south and north America) as a whole has had a good influence on Christianity, and helped reform for the better Cathcolicism and Protestantism.

America has provided the catalyst for individuals to worship as they will and broke the choke hold that Europe had on State Religion.

America has allowed for the formation of several important religious movements that have had a positive influence on the World (Southern Baptist, LDS, United Methodist) that have millions of members.

North and South America are the most free nations in the world when it comes to freedom to worship as you please

So, no Americanism is not the best form of Christianity, but America is good for Christianity.

23rd Aug, 2007 - 6:42am / Post ID: #

To clear this up, this is no joke.

AMERICANISM by David Gelernter
America, David Gelernter argues, is more than a nation and an idea, but a religion-not in competition with Judaism and Christianity, but an extension of them. In this exhilarating book, he explains why it is at our peril that we forget our country's biblical roots.

There are people who follow the Doctrine of this book and churches based off it.

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2007 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'll entertain this notion. Were this "religion" to be developed, I think it would best be summed up as the religion of the unknown God. Why? Because one of the fundamental rights protected by the U.S. Constitution is the freedom of worship. That means that the State will not impose its will, or even favor, any religion on the people.

So, in essence, the "religion" of America is that there is no ONE religion. It's the religion of everyone.

Kind of reminds me of the Greek civilization that the early Christian apostle Paul complained about (and mocked).

In my view, that's not a religion at all. It's merely an attitude of equality of all.

> TOPIC: Americanism The Next Great Denomination?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,