Not Doing Blondes Any Favors - To Us Americans - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE Poor thing will never live that down. - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 30th Aug, 2007 - 1:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
29th Aug, 2007 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

Not Doing Blondes Any Favors - To Us Americans - Page 2

Looking at the clip, she appears to be extremely nervous and uncertain about how to answer the question. It was reported on the E! news that she has a 3.5 grade in high school but clearly, this does not show in her response. The best answer would have been this simple: Americans do not like Geography! Or she should have mentioned that the Education system should place more emphasis on Geography. I cannot fathom why she would say because a lot of people do not have maps!

Sponsored Links:
30th Aug, 2007 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

Americans Us - Favors Blondes Not

It seems she was very nervous but had a chance to redeem herself and re-answer the question.

COLUMBIA, S.C.  -  This time, the question was a little easier for Miss Teen South Carolina.

After being stumped by a Miss Teen USA pageant question on live television Friday night, Lauren Caitlin Upton's confused, mangled response has been drawing a lot of attention.

The 18-year-old got a chance to redeem herself Tuesday on NBC's "Today" show when she was again asked why one-fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a map.

"I would love to re-answer that question," Upton said. "Well personally, my friends and I, we know exactly where the United States is on our map. I don't know anyone else who doesn't. And if the statistics are correct, I believe there should be more emphasis on geography...

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2007 - 10:09am / Post ID: #

Not Doing Blondes Any Favors - To Us Americans
A Friend

Not Doing Blondes Any Favors - To Us Americans UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Yes. I believe it important to give to people like this the exams before hand, let them take them, and then give them the same exam later so they can appear competent.

smile.gif

30th Aug, 2007 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Americans Us - Favors Blondes Not

That was possibly the worst TV moment I've ever witnessed. What a lot of blather! How did she get South Africa and Asia into this question, and how the U.S. should help *them*, when it's "U.S. Americans" who have the problem? Poor thing will never live that down.

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2007 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

Not Doing Blondes Any Favors - To Us Americans
A Friend

Americans Us - Favors Blondes Not

Poor thing will never live that down.

I certainly hope not!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Not Doing Blondes Any Favors - To Us Americans

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,