Let's Car Pool!

Let' S Car Pool! - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 9th Oct, 2007 - 1:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
29th Aug, 2007 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Let's Car Pool!

Do you think the government should introduce a legislation, to encourage car pooling? What are your views on this?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2007 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

Let's Car Pool!
A Friend

Pool Car Lets

Carpooling is a GREAT! idea especially taking into consideration the growing traffic.
I live in the west and there are so many new apartment complexes being built so it is going to get worse.
Maybe not make it a law but there could be a drive sensitising the population to this. Advertisements in the paper, on the radio and TV.

8th Oct, 2007 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

Let's Car Pool! Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Funny how in one breath they are talking about 2020 and first world nation, but yet still mention something like car pooling legislation? Come on, if you want to be a developed country then you get city planning done right. You improve transportation services and you do not congest the places with more and more massive buildings. You do not try to take a two land road, remove the shoulder and make it three lanes, no you physically broaden the road. Look how long it is taking that octopus to be built by Grand Bazaar, years and years and years, but they are telling us that we should car pool to cater for traffic jams?

8th Oct, 2007 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

Pool Car Lets

Yeah lets all ride squished together in some of these Japanese roll on roll off cars, me and the fat lady next door because I am just dreaming of it.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2007 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

Let's Car Pool!
A Friend

Pool Car Lets

But isn't carpooling a first world thing. It's used in the UK and the US even though they have wide roads etc. Carpooling is a first world idea.

9th Oct, 2007 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Let's Car Pool!

Is Car Pooling Legislation a first world thing? I believe car pooling abroad is encouraged this way - you drive to a transport hub and then park your car, you then take the subway or train into the city or town that is normally congested. You get out, go to your work and that is it - that is first world.

You do not try to take the exact same infrastructure, clutter it up more and then expect there to be more room for everyone to pass.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2007 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Let's Car Pool!
A Friend

Let's Car Pool!

Actually people are rewarded by being assigned a "car pool" lane where you must have a certain number of people in the car to be allowed to drive on it.
THAT is how people are encouraged to use the car pool lane but you are pulled aside is you are in the car pool lane with out having the required number of people in the car. There are penalties for non compliance.

https://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/traveller/hov/faq.htm#6

9th Oct, 2007 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

Let's Car Pool! Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Kaisofan, please read over my last two posts, where are you getting the car pool lane in typical roads built only for two lanes? Infrastructure and planning is what is need, not 'neat' little ideas. We need to be realistic, there will be very few people following this.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Let's Car Pool!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,