Preemptive Wars In The Bible

Preemptive Wars Bible - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 27th Nov, 2007 - 7:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Did God use Preemptive Wars in Old Testament times as a way to bring other nations under the knees of Israel? What are your thoughts on this method of warfare as it is shown in the Bible?
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2007 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I know there are in the OT but where, could someone who knows please help me out please.

Preemptive Wars commanded by God.

Preemptive Wars In The Bible (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
8th Jan, 2007 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Bible The Wars Preemptive

Most of the Old Testament is of stories of 'Preemptive' War. The Lord told the Israelites to basically cleanse the land of Canaanites after their Exodus from Egypt. We have a built in Bible Search on this site. Simply input "War" and "Canaan" and you will get many scriptures.

Rather off topic, but...
Please slow down and look... the Bible Search link is right at the top of every page in this Board.

3rd Jun, 2007 - 7:41am / Post ID: #

Preemptive Wars In The Bible Revealed Bible The

From Mousetrails-THE FIRST HOLY WAR

international QUOTE
Remember (Dueteronomy 20:10)? God's first ploy was to offer peace. Why do battle, and kill virgins and potential slaves, if you can frighten a city into surrender? When you march up to attack a city, first offer it terms of peace. If it agrees to your terms of peace and opens its gates to you, all the people to be found in it shall serve you in FORCED LABOR.

But if you"Re just going for plunder, and the good citizens of the city resist, ... Lay siege to it, and when the Lord, your God, delivers it into your hand, put every male in it to the sword; but the women and children and livestock and all else in it that is worth plundering you may take as your booty. Women, children, and livestock were easy to control and herd back home, but kill all the men, they could slow you down and cause trouble later. That is how you shall deal with any city at a considerable distance from you, WHICH DOES NOT BELONG TO THE PEOPLES OF THIS LAND. These battles had nothing to do with 'taking"? The promised land! These battles were about looting, plunder, and slaves! Of course God, either now or later, got all the gold and silver. Oh, and his share of the virgins. Israel was on a roll, so God had them 'taking"? Everything within striking distance.
But close to home, the rules changed drastically. ... In the cities which the Lord, your God, is giving you as your heritage, YOU SHALL NOT LEAVE A SINGLE SOUL ALIVE. You must doom them all AS THE LORD, YOUR GOD, HAS COMMANDED YOU. (Deuteronomy 20:10)
Remember always, (Numbers 21:14)
Hence it is said in the "BOOK OF THE WARS of the LORD"

THE GOD OF THE JEWS WAS A WAR GOD! 5,003,743 human beings lost their lives because of God's army. When you know and remember this, many other things you read about in the Old Testament of the Bible fall into place.

God had his army on the move. They cleaned out, or wiped out cities WHICH DID NOT BELONG TO THE PEOPLES OF THIS LAND. I would very definitely call this pre-emptive!

27th Nov, 2007 - 11:13am / Post ID: #

If you notice these things are all talked about in the Old Testament. That is why Jesus came, to fulfil the prophecies and do away with such thinking. The message now is one of peace among all christians not war. Those who live by the sword will die by the sword and inherit the mark of the beast.

27th Nov, 2007 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

I deal with your question in the book.

From Mousetrails

In a book that has a great deal of influence on how millions of people live their lives today, the Bible deals with magicians, sorcerers, mediums, fortune tellers, divining spirits, talking animals, and the dead returning to life, as common every-day occurrences. Intelligent people today all know these things to be so much mumbojumbo, yet these same intelligent people believe other parts of the
Bible to be truth beyond question. Sorry, it's one book. Believe it all, or not at all!
Saved
I'm quoting your Bible, book, chapter, and verse, then making common sense judgements. You will find if you read the whole book instead of nit-picking you will get the point I'm trying to make. In the end the book will not shake your belief at all. It wasn't meant to. By the way, if the New Testament was written to
do away with such thinking.
why are you worried about it?

Reconcile Edited: mousetrails on 27th Nov, 2007 - 3:43pm

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2007 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

QUOTE (Saved @ 27-Nov 07, 6:13 AM)
If you notice these things are all talked about in the Old Testament. That is why Jesus came, to fulfil the prophecies and do away with such thinking. The message now is one of peace among all christians not war. Those who live by the sword will die by the sword and inherit the mark of the beast.

Do away with what thinking? Do away with God's commands? These weren't just popular ideas of the Israelites, their god commanded them to destroy other nations and take that land for themselves, even when the Bible clearly states that the people were peaceful and their only crime was not wanting to voluntarily surrender their land. Mousetrails book is excellent and revealing, I suggest anyone wanting more on the subject of biblical war to read it.

Saved, could you clarify your statement? What thinking did Jesus do away with? Who's thinking did Jesus do away with?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Nov, 2007 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Preemptive Wars The Bible

Thanks for the inquiry. By doing away with the 'thinking' I am referring to the Mosaic Law. Everyone in Jesus time thought that if someone stabbed you then you needed to stab them back, you know eye for an eye. By the time Jesus came that thinking made the Jews believe everything in life had to be handled this way. Jesus changed that. There is no need for an preemptive wars because Christians should not be focused on war but peace!

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2007 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Preemptive Wars The Bible The Bible Revealed

Since most of that thinking came from Mosaic Law, does that suppose that Mosaic Law was not handed down by god? Or did god just change his mind? I'm trying to pin down what your thinking is here. Maybe I'm just missing it, I understand the idea that Jesus superseded that, at least in your beliefs, but what is there to suppose that when Jesus came these Mosaic Laws, though barbaric, where not gods will any longer?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Preemptive Wars In The Bible

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,