Large Families - Page 3 of 4

QUOTE (alskann @ 11-Jun 08, 1:35 AM) I think - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 11th Jun, 2008 - 3:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
And the uncomfortable questions....
11th Jun, 2008 - 3:52am / Post ID: #

Large Families - Page 3

You was young! I don't want to have kids past 40, I hope to make it because 6 is the ideal number for me but the clock is ticking. smile.gif I think after 40 is a bit too much physically, mentally plus all the risks of health involved. Nevertheless times have changed and women are having kids much later in life and they are much healthier.

Sponsored Links:
11th Jun, 2008 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

Families Large

But I do not understand these women that are having babies in their 50's & 60's. I would not have the energy. And how will they live to see their grandbabies? Oh well, glad it's them and not me.

11th Jun, 2008 - 4:03am / Post ID: #

Large Families Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Yes, I agree. Besides that, the risk for Down Syndrome is very high at that age! Although I read today that 80% of cases of children with Down Syndrome are born from moms younger than 35!

How do your kids like to be part of a large family? How many boys/girls?

11th Jun, 2008 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Families Large

We have 5 boys and 2 girls. Both my girls are pregnant right now. The oldest daughter is expecting her 3rd, a girl after 2 boys. She is planning on maybe 5 kids total. The younger daughter is expecting her first, a boy. She is due anytime in the next couple weeks. She and her husband are planning on at least 5.

The kids all loved the big family. There were ups and downs, but they say they loved that there was always someone to play with or confide in. And family gatherings are a lot of fun!

That is an interesting statistic about Downs Syndrome. Our state governor just had a baby with Downs Syndrome a couple months ago. She is 44. I ran into her and her husband at Costco a few weeks back with the baby. He is adorable. This is her 5th child so she "almost" has a large family.

11th Jun, 2008 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Families Large

One of my friends who lives in Canada just had her 5th and plans to have 2 more (she is 37). I think 5 is a nice number but 6 is just the ideal to me, I don't know why! I wanted 7 but made my mind on 6 because of age. Now all I need is PLENTY money! I live in a small island in the Caribbean and the inflation and food prices are literally out of control so in order to afford having a large family lots of miracles must take place! undecided.gif

11th Jun, 2008 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

Large Families

I think an island in the Carribean sounds like an ideal place to raise a family. But then my soul longs for a beach, somewhere.
I think food prices and inflation are heading out of control everywhere. But I do think that things have a way of working out. wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2008 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Large Families
A Friend

Large Families - Page 3

I know I am happy with my five kids. I am glad they are all in their teen years now. So much easier to care for. I have five pets now too. Does that make my family 10? I know some pets do get to be a handful too.

11th Jun, 2008 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

Large Families Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

QUOTE (alskann @ 11-Jun 08, 1:35 AM)
I think an island in the Carribean sounds like an ideal place to raise a family.

Not at all! Ask AlaskanLDS or check the Trinidad and Tobago board and you will see!

True, I think there is always a way to make things work out. I think with large families even though they eat a lot it has a lot to do with the kind of foods they eat, there are many ways to stretch AND economize!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Large Families

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,