Large Families - Page 4 of 4

Is the number of children we have really that - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 15th Apr, 2012 - 6:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
And the uncomfortable questions....
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2008 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Large Families
A Friend

Large Families - Page 4

Yes and when they all are teens the words BUFFET is a very good place to eat. smile.gif

I know I tend to make my meat purchases in large quantities because the meat market gives me a discount when ordering 3-400 lbs of meat. Having three refrigerators and two deep freezes gives me a lot of cold and cool storage places.

I have a nice walk in pantry too For all the dry goods. I tend to shop at wal mart, Aldi's. Costco or Sams club to get a lot of dry goods for as little as possible. It is not always easy but I would not trade it for the world.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2008 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Large Families
A Friend

Families Large

To the threadstarter, I would like to know why you believe the following quote is crazy:

From a young age I never wanted kids. I feel so blessed to not be stuck with any. I just turned 50 and I always said you have to start your own life before you start some one elses. I still have not started life yet. Too much to see and do...which would not be possible having kids. The freedom is bliss.

When reading this, it looks to be just a different opinion from yours.

4 or 5 kids is an ungodly amount. To me, that would be like living in a dirty cage at the zoo. 3 kids is way too many, also. 1 kid, tops or none at all. I think Americans often have way too many kids... more than they can handle thinking that having babies is going to somehow solve all of life's problems.

As for this quote, SOME of it is based in reality, and interpretively not "crazy" at all.
"living in a dirty cage at the zoo" is exactly what will happen if you don't clean up after your children and the children become misbehaved, either from poor upbringing or from mental disorders. Maybe this person just doesn't like to clean up after others and would rather focus on their own life. I don't see anything wrong with this. Maybe this person also sees that he/she does not have the appropriate personality to be able to handle that many kids well.
"1 kid tops, or none at all" -- I don't know what this person is thinking, but I'd be a very lonely person today if it was not for my sister. I do wish that I had more siblings.
As well, Americans, and every other nationality of people will happen to have too many kids in some instances. If you are unable to handle and/or financially support a certain number of children, but have this number anyway, you have had too many children.
"thinking that having babies is going to somehow solve all of life's problems." -- many people think this way, and when they do actually have children, the experience is sometimes not what they expect or what they had hoped for. Some people will even mistreat their children because of this. This is a very real problem for all people involved.

I hate children so much.

Ok, that one is crazy.

I hope more people start to realize that having children is detrimental to our future and children born not long from now are likely to suffer severe consequences 40 years from now or quite possibly much sooner.

Again, this quote isn't crazy either, but I don't believe that having more children is in any way detrimental to our future. Yes, the children will have to suffer severe consequences of our forefathers' bad decisions and actions in the future, but if the children grow up with a good heart and are properly educated, they could bring alot of good to the world.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

11th Jun, 2008 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Large Families Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

QUOTE (Daria @ 11-Jun 08, 12:08 PM)
When reading this, it looks to be just a different opinion from yours.

I think I made myself clear when I said:

I was reading some comments online so crazy (in my opinion) that I have to post it here:

I find the quotes crazy because they are talking about children like they are either dogs that you can or cannot get "stuck" with them or they are not human beings.

11th Jun, 2008 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Families Large

QUOTE (daria)

"thinking that having babies is going to somehow solve all of life's problems." -- many people think this way, and when they do actually have children, the experience is sometimes not what they expect or what they had hoped for. Some people will even mistreat their children because of this. This is a very real problem for all people involved.

Yes many do think this way or use having young children as an excuse not to have to work. In third world countries they also have large families some because of multiple raps.

Remember many here that are defending large families do so because the are prepared to do what ever it takes to provide for them. Now this is where it gets tricky "Provide" what does this actual entail? For some I know no child will complete less then University as their value is in Education or possible a high paying job. Others are more simplistic in the approach and it means they will be fed, clothed and loved. I think the word for this approach is providing the basics for a happy family.

If you believe in the last method the rest are very difficult to understand. Same as the other way around.

You are right no matter how many children we produce if we give them the life skilled required to educate and feed themselves all will be fine. If we just have children for the sake of saying see I got me 12 then we are going to have issues.

I have two for me it is what I could handle emotionally and financially. It was a hard choice but one we made and are at peace with.

15th Apr, 2012 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

Families Large

Is the number of children we have really that important compared with how we raise them? I believe some couples think that having more children makes them holier but the more children you have the less time you have for each of them or even your spouse.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Large Families

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,