Large Families - Page 2 of 4

I was 33, but would have had more if hubby - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 11th Jun, 2008 - 3:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
And the uncomfortable questions....
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

Large Families
A Friend

Large Families - Page 2

The funny thing is that many of these nations that disparage large families are finding their culture/society to change to reflect the increased population (and birth rates) of immigrants. It's one reason Muslims are resented in Europe. And certainly there is resentment in America of Latino immigrants (they bring large families as well).

Reminds me of the Nazis in the early years - resentment of the immigrants because they cause a change in the traditional culture.

Sponsored Links:
14th Sep, 2007 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Families Large

I look forward to have 7 kids. I really dream with a big family. The only thing that concerns me is the inflation here going higher and higher every day hence making it literally impossible to have kids AND save at the same time. sad.gif I hope for a miracle that may change things quickly one day.

19th Nov, 2007 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Large Families Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I found this interesting list on the benefits of having large families:

* As parents, you'll have more chances to experience the joys of early parenthood than the average family. 'It's fun to have a larger family; people needn't be afraid of it, even though it's no longer considered the norm,' says Scott.

* Children are more likely to have company and someone to sound off to. It doesn't necessarily follow, of course, that there will be strong bonds between any of the family members. In families with two children, the kids often have a strong bond, especially if they are relatively close in age.

* There are plenty of excuses for celebrations!

* Everyone learns the art of sharing.

* The children are more likely to appreciate the value of money - and of the non-material things in life. 'There are too many things you have to pay a lot of money for - but, equally, there are plenty of things you can go out as a family and do for free,' says Scott.

* Parents gain a wealth of experience from raising each child.

* Children may benefit from having a large extended family later in life.
    * In theory, many hands make light work!

4th Dec, 2007 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Families Large

I was just pondering: What do you consider to be a large family? I am pregnant with my third child and I am already getting certain comments from some people I know. For me, three children in a family is not large at all yet I notice everybody has a different opinion.

I consider a large family, one with 6 children and up. What about you?

8th Jun, 2008 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Families Large

I was reading some comments online so crazy (in my opinion) that I have to post it here:

From a young age I never wanted kids. I feel so blessed to not be stuck with any. I just turned 50 and I always said you have to start your own life before you start some one elses. I still have not started life yet. Too much to see and do...which would not be possible having kids. The freedom is bliss.[

I will be 33 in July and I have never wanted kids. I was married to a woman fortunately who couldn't have kids. I'm now divorced and finding a woman who does not want kids has been tough.

4 or 5 kids is an ungodly amount. To me, that would be like living in a dirty cage at the zoo. 3 kids is way too many, also. 1 kid, tops or none at all. I think Americans often have way too many kids... more than they can handle thinking that having babies is going to somehow solve all of life's problems.

I hate children so much.

I hope more people start to realize that having children is detrimental to our future and children born not long from now are likely to suffer severe consequences 40 years from now or quite possibly much sooner.

Get a dog. They are much cheaper and less trouble...

11th Jun, 2008 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Large Families

I find that a good response to rude questions is either, (With disgust) "Why would you ask THAT?" or with an incredulous look, "Why do you want to know?"
And then change the subject or walk away.

Some people seem to think large families and pregnant women are open season. (Who likes a total stranger coming up and rubbing your belly?)

Since ours is a blended family we had three children within 6 months of each others (yes there is a set of twins in there) it was like having triplets. I remember while pregnant with number 7 taking the family out for dinner. We would get the looks & stares or comments like, "another?" or "you know how to prevent that, don't you?" The funny thing was, after we had been seated at the LARGE table inevitable toward the end of the meal not only would the waitress comment on how well behaved the kids were, those same strangers would come by and compliment the kids for doing so well.
Of course they weren't perfect all the time - there were times rolleyes.gif ....

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Jun, 2008 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

Large Families - Page 2

Just out of curiosity, how old you was when you had your last child?

I just had my third (I am 33) and feel like people are starting to make comments which I am very surprised about since 3 kids is NOT a large family to me. When you reach #6 then I can understand but not accept. rolleyes.gif

11th Jun, 2008 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Large Families Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

I was 33, but would have had more if hubby hadn't brought 3 kids into the marriage. He wanted to stop at 7 so we did. I would have had a couple more even I think. Ilove babies, and grandbabies are even better!

I know many women who have had children into their 40's. And a friend of my sister's is pregnant with her first at 45.
I think, as we mentioned on another thread, how many you have & when you stop is between husband, wife and the Lord. Nobody else's business.

Large families make holidays so much more fun. And I agree you do not have a large family until you hit at least 6. 4-5 is average. 3 or less is a small family in my opinion. I have never heard anyone express remorse for growing up in a large family. I have heard some only childrens say they wish they had siblings.
Think how lonely it would be.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Large Families

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,