Comfort After Losing Someone

Comfort Losing Someone - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Sep, 2007 - 7:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2007 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

"One night as I was praying and crying [after my mother's death], I felt comfort fill my body--suddenly and powerfully. The feeling restored me; it gave me peace. It did not last long physically, yet it was immensely comforting. I knew what it was--the Lord's love encircling me and granting me peace and strength. But just as important, that moment has remained in my memory as a sweet gift to unwrap and remember when life is difficult.

"Sometimes, too, the moments of love and the resultant peace have come unexpectedly and when there has been no need--no particular problem or issue I have been facing."

(Kathleen H. Hughes, "Remembering the Lord's Love," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 111)

Sponsored Links:
3rd Sep, 2007 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Someone Losing Comfort

I recently went through the death of my Grandmother (which was a Mother to me because she raised me since the age of 1). She was 82 years old and I knew (deep in my heart) that the day of her leaving this Earth was close. I mourned, I cried but at the same time I had a feeling of peace and satisfaction that she was now, no longer in pain and she was reunited with her loved ones and was at peace. She was a wonderful woman and I knew she would be a blessing in the other side of the veil. I am thankful to Heavenly Father for the knowledge I have about the Eternities.

> TOPIC: Comfort After Losing Someone

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,