Trini Single Parent - Page 2 of 2

I think also does not have to go through the - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 20th Oct, 2007 - 5:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
20th Oct, 2007 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Trini Single Parent - Page 2

I think also does not have to go through the extreme. I know many people who just drop their kids to the grandparent's home constantly and expect the grandparents to take care of the kids as it is their responsibility. (I have heard this from both single and married parents, I am not assuming).

I think is ridiculous, one thing is to lay a hand when is needed another one is to take advantage of it and expect your parents to help you daily with your kids and finances. If someone decided to be a parent (and even if they did not) has to realize that there are certain responsibilities that come along with it. This thing of "go by auntie she will help you" "go by granny, she will pick you up" "go by uncle, he will drop you..." constantly is not what parenthood is all about. Parents (regardless of their marital status) need to take charge of parenthood and not pretend to "throw" that responsibility towards friends and relatives. Just my opinion.

I fully understand that in the case of single parents, they need a little more support from their friends and relatives, but even in cases like that, advantage should not be taken of the generosity of others.

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Trini Single Parent

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,