Too "sexy" For A Plane?

Too Sexy Plane - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 17th Sep, 2007 - 1:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
A 23-year-old college student claimed Friday that Southwest Airlines singled her out after a male flight attendant told her that her white denim miniskirt, high-heel sandals and sweater over a tank top was too "revealing."
7th Sep, 2007 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

Too "sexy" For A Plane?

What is your position? Does the airline has the right or not to tell costumers about their clothing? You can check the link below for the rest of the story and pic of the outfit.

Southwest Airlines stands behind that flight attendant's decision two months ago to confront Kyla Ebbert, who also works as Hooters waitress in downtown San Diego, after complaints from another employee about Ebbert's choice of clothing.

"He told me my outfit was too provocative, too revealing for a family airline," Ebbert told FOX News, appearing in the same outfit she wore on the flight."He told me that I needed to go to the gift shop and buy a new outfit and change and get on a later flight."

Ebbert then pulled down her skirt, tightened her sweater over her tank top and wrapped up in a blanket in her seat.

"I was humiliated," Ebbert said.

7th Sep, 2007 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Plane For quotsexyquot Too

I do think the airline should have the right to ask a customer to cover up if they are just showing too much skin. With out some control sooner or later someone would push past the point of decency.

From the photo it would appear the skirt was plenty short but I am not sure how bad it was. It is short enough that when she sits if she wiggles a bit it would leave little to the imagination. I think that and the fact she is well endowed may have frustrated the male flight tenant a tad and thus he reacted in the manner he did. I am willing to bet her tank top did no more then just cover what the top was intended to when she first boarded.

I have to ponder did the male make a pass and get reject and thus struck revenge? I would not likely encourage my wife to dress the way that lady was well other then behind closed doors.

7th Sep, 2007 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Too "sexy" For A Plane? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

It seems like another male attendant complained about it and then this one decided to confront her about it.

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2007 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Too "sexy" For A Plane?
A Friend

The airline has every right to refuse service. However, looking at the one picture I have seen, doesn't look like she's that much out of line with contemporary styles.k

But.... Today has a video of her wearing the same outfit. When she goes to sit down, you can completely see her panties (58 seconds into the video). Maybe that is now supposed to be acceptable.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 8th Sep, 2007 - 12:36am

15th Sep, 2007 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Well, she got what she wanted: An apology! I am surprised because the company in the begining supported the actions of the employers.

DALLAS -  Southwest Airlines Co. says it is apologizing to a young California woman who was told her outfit was too skimpy to fly, and it's using the brouhaha as a marketing ploy - announcing a "miniskirt fare sale."

The aggrieved woman, Kyla Ebbert, took her case Friday to "The Dr. Phil Show." Host Phil McGraw read an apology from Southwest Chief Executive Gary Kelly during the show, which is scheduled to air Tuesday.

Ebbert said she was on a Southwest plane ready to take off from San Diego on July 3 when an airline employee asked her to change her miniskirt, top and sweater or get off.

In a compromise, the 23-year-old was allowed to stay on the flight to Tucson, Ariz., after pulling her skirt down and her top up.

Kelly said the airline apologized to Ebbert in August and thought the affair was over. But in the past two weeks, Ebbert went on NBC's "Today Show" and then "The Dr. Phil Show."

Ebbert's account, and a similar one by another young California woman this week, led to unfavorable press coverage and Internet chatter about Dallas-based Southwest. Newspaper columnists and bloggers derided the airline - which put its stewardesses in hot pants and called itself "The love airline" in the 1970s - as prudish.

17th Sep, 2007 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Too "sexy" For A Plane?

I guess business is business right and wrong sometimes gets buried under, when the stockholders only see how much money did we lose because of this.

17th Sep, 2007 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Too "sexy" For Plane

I was just wondering why they had a man do it. Usually these things are handled woman to woman? Also, were other passengers complaining or was it just the one attendant to the other?

17th Sep, 2007 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

Too "sexy" For Plane Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

As far as I know, nobody complained. It was ANOTHER MALE attendant who complained to another MALE attendant and this last one, went and told the lady about it.

+  1 2 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Too "sexy" For A Plane?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,