Russia Politics

Russia Politics - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Oct, 2007 - 7:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (18) »
Russian politics
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2007 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Russia Politics

Russia Politics

Russian President Vladimir Putin Dissolves The Government In A Major Political Shake-Up Before Parliamentary Elections.
Ref. ABCNews

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2007 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Russia Politics
A Friend

Politics Russia

The news article points out that this is not that major, since it is expected in parliamentary practice. I'm not a fan of parliamentary governments, and have never spent the time necessary to understand them, so I am not sure whether it is or is not.

14th Sep, 2007 - 5:53am / Post ID: #

Russia Politics History & Civil Business Politics

Rumours of a major reshuffle had been swirling in Moscow for several months. Several unpopular ministers are expected to lose their jobs.

Mr. Fradkov said the resignation of the government was necessary because of "approaching significant political events."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...obeandmail.com/

What does that mean, exactly: "approaching significant political events"?

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

14th Sep, 2007 - 8:06am / Post ID: #

Politics Russia

It's a bit old, but there is quite the possibility that Putin goes for a 3rd term. He has said he wont, but there are those that really want him to stay and I have to think that he actually likes the job.

https://english.pravda.ru/russia/politics/2...05/8474-putin-0

This would be one way to do it, but they could just ammend the constitution and allow it. He is riding a pretty good wave of popularity. In particular, after the publication of his topless fishing trip photos. Kids are now being told what Putin eats to stay in great shape.

I have always thought Putin would try to stay on longer than 2 terms as president. The house-keeping of ministers might be what was needed to get a ammendment passed?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Russia Politics
A Friend

Politics Russia

It certainly looks like Putin doesn't want to let go of his power. (Where is George Washington when the world needs him.)

I am sure it's all about power. I heard an explanation on NPR yesterday that speculated Putin chose an unknown to lead Parliament so that this person would be then made president, and subsequently easily removed by Putin to allow him to regain power following that person's quick term as president. He wanted a puppet to be installed to pave the way to his return to power.

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2007 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Russia Politics

Putin Stays In Politics

Russian President Vladimir Putin is to run as a parliamentary candidate in December's election.
Ref. BBC

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Oct, 2007 - 7:18am / Post ID: #

Russia Politics

Can you believe this guy? Yes, it's all about power and control. Sometimes it's not even about the money, necessarily, but power in and of itself is addictive for some people.

This is definitely interesting to watch.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2007 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

Russia Politics Politics Business Civil & History

Assassination Planned For Putin?

Russian President Vladimir Putin has been warned of a plot to assassinate him during a visit to Iran this week, the Kremlin says.
Ref. BBC

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (18) »

> TOPIC: Russia Politics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,