Mariannelore Introduction

Mariannelore Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 14th Sep, 2007 - 1:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
USA Emigrate From The USA
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2007 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I am interested in emigrating from USA and need to know how to find a job abroad. I have graduate degrees in business and art history and am a museum professional. Speak fluent French and German. Help!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2007 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Introduction Mariannelore

A Warm Welcome to You

Thank you for taking the time to join and post a message, this means you are serious and says a lot about your character. I hope we can be friends over time. Since you are new to this Community please permit me to share a few links that you may find helpful:

Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2007 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,031
Flag Posts: 51,688
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,589.83 FP
Charm: 394

Mariannelore Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome.

1. Why do you want to leave he USA when everyone else is trying to get in to get work there?

2. In what way do you want us to help you?

3. Have you lived abroad before? Do you have a specific country in mind?

If you give more information then I can point you to the correct Thread / Board.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2007 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,564
Flag Posts: 2,713
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 10.0%
[+] Gain: 340.05 FP
Charm: 242

Well, with your languages and business degree, it would probably be prudent for you to sample a few places before you just leap to a new country. I would suggest looking for companies in the US that conduct business abroad (that speak one of your languages other than english) and seek a position with them to test out different countries. Since the US does not accept dual citizenship, you will forfiet your citizenship as soon as you emigrate to a new country. Getting that citizenship back is not a easy task, so you probably need to be really sure you want to really become a citizen of that new country. Taking a overseas job with a US company allows you to live overseas, but yet retain your US citizenship. There are MANY businesses that would be interested in your language and business skills. I am not familiar with the museum industry, so I cannot speak to that... Good luck!

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 13th Sep, 2007 - 3:29am

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 30th Dec, 2004 - 10:55am
Signature: Everything is poisonous if you take too much of it!
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2007 - 11:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I would build up a savings and then travel to a country with good prospects and begin an internship in that country. It will come down to personal relationships, and that means face to face contact.

Alternatively, find a city in the U.S. with a lare community of immigrants from that country and begin to mix in.

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 8:26am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,053
Flag Posts: 2,535
Activity: 9.7%
[+] Gain: 4,034.80 FP
Charm: 111

This is a first, I've never heard before of anyone wanting to emigrate from the US!
I personally would go with the advice from Vincenzo about keeping your citizenship but working for a US company out of the states, or the advice from Tortdog, about moving to another city and maybe mingling with their inhabitants. They're both good advice in my opinion.
I know for sure that I'd be holding on to my citizenship, if you regret your decision after forfeiting your citizenship, you have lost your right to have it reinstated. In my humble opinion, I'd consider anything very carefully before committing myself to it (if it were me!)
Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'm not sure that the United States prohibits dual citizenship. It's true that the United States requires a newly naturalized citizen to renounce citizenship of other countries to become an American. But my understanding is that the United States does not care that one of its citizens is considered a citizen by another country (and many Americans have dual citizenship).

For example:

* A is born in Canada, but has American parents. A will be considered a U.S. citizen AND a Canadian citizen, BUT

* A is Canadian. He moves to the United States and seeks to be naturalized as an American citizen. A will be required to renounce his Canadian citizenship and will NOT be a dual citizen.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 14th Sep, 2007 - 1:11pm

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,564
Flag Posts: 2,713
Activity: 10.0%
[+] Gain: 340.05 FP
Charm: 242

Mariannelore Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

That is why I said what I did. Should this person leave the country to take citizenship up in another country, they will be required to forfeit their US citizenship. If they do this, there is little chance that they will ever get it back again, so make sure you pick a country and you love and are ready to not be a US citizen...ever. It will not matter if the persons parents are US if they give up their US citizenship to become another countries citizen. It is a BIG decision and needs to be made in all seriousness, because there is no turning back once it is done.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 30th Dec, 2004 - 10:55am
Signature: Everything is poisonous if you take too much of it!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mariannelore Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,