AlaskanLDS Introduction - Page 2 of 26

Just adding to what JB said, in most cases - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 29th Sep, 2007 - 12:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (26) »
USA LDS Mom
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2007 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

AlaskanLDS Introduction - Page 2

Congrats in the upgrade! I hope you enjoy all the new features. Looking forward to see you in the LDS Mature Board. Enjoy! wink.gif
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2007 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond Editor
[?] CPosts: 865
Flag Posts: 1,301
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.6%
[+] Gain: 225.45 FP
Charm: 44

Introduction AlaskanLDS

Thanks for the welcome everyone! That was cool. I do wonder why I got a reply email from the other boards I have posted on but did not realize that you all posted here? Maybe I missed it.

I DO have a question again!

I received the email newsletter and I wanted to Vote so I went through the link and put in my vote. I expected it to take me next to vote for a moderator at the Honor Page--obviously that didn't work. It actually didn't redirect me anywhere.
As I read it again, I think I am understanding that there is a separate place to vote for posters? Is there a way to change my vote to the posters section or do I need to do it all over? I guess what I am saying rolleyes.gif is that if there is a link to get me there I am willing to participate!

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 15th Sep, 2007 - 2:50am
Signature: ~*~Don't lose faith in what you know because of something you don't know!~*~
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2007 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,027
Flag Posts: 51,684
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,586.78 FP
Charm: 394

AlaskanLDS Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

QUOTE (AlaskanLDS)
...did not realize that you all posted here? Maybe I missed it.

Make sure you are subscribed to the Thread or click on the 'Add Fav' button so you can keep a list of your favorite Threads. Your Thread was moved from the Welcome Section to the Rave Section which is kept for Members who donate to the Community.

I expected it to take me next to vote for a moderator at the Honor Page--obviously that didn't work. It actually didn't redirect me anywhere.

We use to have a Moderators field there to select a Moderator, but we had done away with the Moderation some time ago and only recently brought it back with more stringent requirements which no one has been able to fulfill as yet so essentially there are no Moderators and you need only vote for a Member.

On the vote pge you should see a button to submit your vote, when you click on that you will be sent to a "Thank You" page.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2007 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond Editor

Page 2 Introduction AlaskanLDS

DONE! Thanks for the clarification, JB. I truly appreciate it.

A couple more of questions please? 1) Will my NephiRPG send me a reply status when it is ready for me to go to Chapter 2? I am not clear on if this is something you are checking into for my status only or if others are also having problems with it letting them move forward? At this point I just try to see if it works when I log in.

What is the easiest way to find a thread on a subject, within the LDS area?

For instance, I have been really interested in symbolism and patterns in the scriptures and have had some information recently in class lectures at BYU Education week last month. I would like to further that study and read what other people have learned. The other topic I am looking specifically for is the Fascimilies of Abraham and ideas on that.

Also, (Anyone sorry that they said I could ask questions yet? biggrin.gif

IF there is not a thread on that--I am a little nervous to start my own thread because I am really NOT an intellectual person per se, although I love to learn and study. So I don't know if I would know how to actually word it correctly or all that kind of thing--is there a good way besides good grammar, spelling and things of that nature? I guess I just am a little nervous--it seems as if a number of you have been here for quite a while and know what your doing and each other. I think if we were face to face I would be astounded and probably lost on some things. This forum gives me time to READ and understand before I reply, I am not one to jump into an intellectual conversation and do well. Although my friend is, and I invited her here today!
Last, but definitely not least! I wanted to post a congratulations or Happy Anniversary thing to LDS_Forever as I noticed she was baptised 10 years ago today. Is there a place to do that--do I just click on her email button? And in that note, if I would of noticed JB's a day earlier I would of liked to send him one too. Just curious as I thought it was cool that I read the stats on their control thing.

Thanks and have a great day! It is sunny for one of the last times here in Alaska before winter hits us!

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 15th Sep, 2007 - 2:50am
Signature: ~*~Don't lose faith in what you know because of something you don't know!~*~
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2007 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction AlaskanLDS

Nephi RPG, yikes, I have been having net problems and need to check on that. Here is what, I am going to open a support Thread in the Nephi RPG Board, please do the following.

Enter the game again and try to go to level 2 after ensuring you follow all instructions. When you do and fail let me know the exact last thing you did. then post the results in the new support Nephi RPG Thread. Sorry for the delay. This has not happened before so I have to look at it with regards to your account and see what is the conflict.

What is the easiest way to find a thread on a subject, within the LDS area?

Use the Advanced Search link so you can select which Boards you want to Search under. Or you can go to the LDS Board and within that Board will have a Search field to the bottom. Keep in mind that the Search will only return the results of that Board, but there are many LDS Boards within the Community. In the FAQ Board is a Thread that explains this in detail.

QUOTE (AlaskanLDS)
So I don't know if I would know how to actually word it correctly or all that kind of thing--is there a good way besides good grammar, spelling and things of that nature?

Constructive Posting for us is based on our Constructive Posting Policy. If you are not abiding by it in some way then Persephone will place messages on your Posts or here in your Intro Thread. We do not ask for perfection here, just do not place any teeny bopper scribbles and you will be fine. For me your Posts are all proper, so I would not worry about it, just ensure you remain on Topi and use the Offtopic tags when you are not within the subject of a Thread.

Although my friend is, and I invited her here today!

Cool, who is that?

Happy Anniversary thing to LDS_Forever as I noticed she was baptised 10 years ago today. Is there a place to do that--do I just click on her email button? And in that note, if I would of noticed JB's a day earlier I would of liked to send him one too. Just curious as I thought it was cool that I read the stats on their control thing.

Go to our Rave Threads in the Rave Board, look for our names:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showforum=90

Lastly, you are doing well, the posts here are not so much about being Intellectual as much as being Constructive, and you pass on all counts. Asking questions is a show of intelligence. wink.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 29th Sep, 2007 - 6:45am / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond Editor

AlaskanLDS Introduction

QUOTE (JB @ 27-Sep 07, 2:43 PM)
Nephi RPG, ... When you do and fail let me know

Now Jb, How positive is that? When you do and fail? How about go TRY the game and WHEN you get in.... Which I did and it is working great! THANKS!

Cool, who is that?

Her name is Valerie and we talked a couple hours tonight about some of the things here and she did actually come look--so we shall see! wink.gif She has 4 kids about my kids ages and home schools. She is also the Gospel Doctrine teacher for our ward so she doesn't know if she is actually wanting to commit to anything else she has to read! I will keep letting her know what she is missing in the meantime!

In our conversation though, we were discussing one of the sources that was listed with someone's opinion, upon searching online for the source we came across that the fact that the gentleman was excommunicated. I first off, don't want anyone to think I am judging anyone or have a problem. That is one of the things I like best here is that you can find the information thats documented and then continue if I am interested. I am just curious on how you all view that type of thing. I hope I will not offend anyone as I firmly believe if you search with the Spirit you will be given personal revelation. I am more curious on whether this type of work is used often.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Sep, 2007 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

AlaskanLDS Introduction - Page 2

QUOTE (AlaskanLDS)
I am just curious on how you all view that type of thing.

In the Public section we use ONLY sources that are Church sanctioned or legit. In the Mature section we use sources from anywhere, because at that level we are in a 'private' setting and can Discuss both angles and get the Truth as opposed to one perspective. For instance, if someone made an attack against the Book of Mormon then we would put it in the Mature Section and then Discuss the points the person tries to make to see the errors in the argument. We then can form a rebuttal. We would not do this in the public LDS Boards because people passing through may confuse this as our actual beliefs. Please read the sticky Threads within each Board as they explain the specifics. I hope that helps.

As for your friend, do not force her. We have found from past experience when someone is constantly coaxed to come here then they do not stay or even become agitated, some people just do not have the 'talent' for online Discussion as you and I do.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 29th Sep, 2007 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

AlaskanLDS Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 2

Just adding to what JB said, in most cases if we quote an individual who may have been excommunicated, we usually make mention of it (IF the poster is aware of it). Personally, within the Mature Section I do not limit myself to just Sunday-Gospel sources but try to bring other perspectives to the table, hence the Mature section is supposed to be for those who are "ready" to read that kind of information we present, study it and come to their own conclusions.

On the top of that, personally just because someone has been excommunicated does not mean ALL the work they have done have been in vain and should be discarded (this is my personal opinion).

The Church had a couple of Historians who made wonderful pieces of work for the Church as a body and the Church hired them for years. Later on, along the road a couple of them were excommunicated. Personally, just because of this fact, does not mean that their entire work is now worthless.

Just my two cents.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (26) »

> TOPIC: AlaskanLDS Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,