Trinidad Internet Services

Trinidad Internet Services - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 1st Oct, 2007 - 7:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »
Trinidad Internet Services TSTT, Flow, WOW Net, Cariblink, Greendot, Interserv and others here and there. This is your chance to rate your internet connection in Trinidad & Tobago.
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2007 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

What has been your experience with Trinidad Internet Services? If you have used various kinds such as ADSL, ADSL 2, Wireless, Dial-up or Cable please do give a review here.

Sponsored Links:
30th Sep, 2007 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Services Internet Trinidad

I have only used TSTT (dial-up, ADSL, and Wireless). I find the service to be extremely poor. The ADSL speed is a joke if you compare it with the speed of other countries around the world and the price is high compared to what you are getting.

Wireless...is ridiculously SLOW! You do not even get 10% of what TSTT says you will get. That's fraud!

I am very tired of TSTT, thinking in switching to cable through Flow but I do not expect miracles. Technology in Trinidad (as far as internet connection goes) is way behind times.

30th Sep, 2007 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Internet Services Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I have used most of them:

Cariblink Dial-up (late 1990s) - so so

Interserv Dial-up (late 1990s) - okay - good support

TSTT Dial-up (2002) - Well we all know how that is - SLOW!

TSTT ADSL (2003-2007) - A bit too expensive, but overall the connection was pretty stable. If you have to transfer the connection they kill you with mor money. Current offerings are 256kbs. In November they re supposed to have ADSL 2 which will go up to a 1000kbs.

TSTT Wireless (2007) - Crap - you can barely hold a dialup speed and most times support does not know what they are talking about. Some areas are getting hit with or should I say sucked up by bandwidth vampires and so you can hardly surf.

FLOW - Have not trid this yet, but I was thinking about it. They have a new 2Mbs ad which seems enticing, but I am getting comments that FLOW is not living up to their word.

1st Oct, 2007 - 7:29pm / Post ID: #

It is my understanding that most Trinis use TSTT Internet service and we may all agree that it is quite poor. I am currently using Dial up and I am not impressed at all. The system is painfully slow and sometimes, it may prove to be a challenge just to log onto the system! To contact a TSTT technician to assist a client with a problem is frustrating as well as depressing. The TSTT technicians usually never answer the telephone or they know just as little as the client!

I am seriously considering to switch across to GreenDot since I have heard high praise over about the internet speed and excellent customer service (24 hrs/7 dys). But there are two downsides: it is very expensive to register for the first time. The client must "pay" for a cute, tiny little satellite dish which costs about over $1,000! Another drawback is, after you register, it takes about two weeks or more for the GreenDot technicians to connect your service.

I have used Carib Link and the review on this particular internet service provider, is the same as TSTT. JB you may correct me if I am wrong about this but I suspect that Carib Link, WOW.Net, Rave and Interserv are all dependent on TSTT. FLOW and GreenDot do not rely on TSTT. Therefore, I believe that once the internet service provider does not rely on TSTT, the service should be better. Of course, it would be prudent to ask your friends, family members or anyone else you can think of, to give feedback on the internet service provider that they are using.

I would never register with FLOW because of their track record, where cable service is concerned. They are always plagued with problems where cable connection is concerned so, why would their internet service be any different?

1st Oct, 2007 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Actually FLOW depends on TSTT. They are supposed to have an ARCOS link working by this month which will make them absolutely independent from TSTT.

1st Oct, 2007 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Geenie)
JB you may correct me if I am wrong about this but I suspect that Carib Link, WOW.Net, Rave and Interserv are all dependent on TSTT.

I think there may have been an initial dependence, but most are now branching off to their own networks be it via the sea with optic submerged cables or air via satellite. As an example, LDS pointed out that FLOW still uses TSTT, but they are supposed to switch to the submerged cables which come to Trinidad from Curacao.

I have thought about the dissatisfaction some have faced because of FLOW, but their packages are enticing IF they live up to their word. I may keep both my wireless and FLOW account (when I get it) so I am never totally without the net. TSTT plans to have ADSL launching soon (maybe this week), but I hate the hassel of phone lines.

Geenie you should sign up for ADSL, when I was with it I was rather satisfied, and now they are oing to offer 1 MB and 512kb connections at a good rate. After using dialup you will feel like a queen.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Oct, 2007 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Actually FLOW depends on TSTT. They are supposed to have an ARCOS link working by this month which will make them absolutely independent from TSTT.

Hmm interesting. When FLOW contacted me about two weeks ago, to inquire if I was interested in registering for internet connection, I asked if they are dependent on TSTT and the CSR told me no, their system is separate from TSTT. Well, this is another reason why a client should never register with FLOW for internet service, unreliable service and inaccurate information, just like TSTT, is always provided.

1st Oct, 2007 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Internet Services Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

JB:

but they are supposed to switch to the submerged cables which come to Trinidad from Curacao.

The one from Curacao STILL depends on TSTT. It is the route through Guatemala or another Latin-America country that does not depend on TSTT.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Trinidad Internet Services

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,