Bible: Child Abuse - Page 3 of 4

This might not sound very Christian-like but - Page 3 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 31st Oct, 2014 - 1:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Abusing Children This Thread asks the question: Why are children abused, and why does God 'allow' it? Abuse to others may also be covered such as spousal abuse. Keep in mind the sensitivity of this Topic as you make your replies. Answers can be based on personal experience as well as your thoughts on the position of the Bible with regads to this.
31st Jul, 2012 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

Bible: Child Abuse - Page 3

I get the "free will" defense but find some things wrong with that too. Lets say God gives us free will. He or she is the creator of everything and has ultimate power. Why not punish people who do horrible things then.

He has no problem horribly torturing Job or having his only begotten son hung out to dry. So why does he look the other way when it comes to punishing people who deserve it?

It just doesn't add up to me when people say watch out for God. He knows everything and he's going to get you. Then the same people turn around and say. That guy didn't get the wrath of God because we have free will and stuff. Meanwhile a 5 year old is dying painfully of cancer.

I didn't mean for this post to be an anti God thing but there it is.
I feel like if we bring God into child abuse and whatever else we have kind of given up. I think we should focus more on actual prevention or a real solution to the problem.
Teaching and informing parents of this possibility and letting them know of warning signs.

Yes God can be comforting and may ease the pain but come on. To just say well it happened and God forgives and we are all God's children and on and on, to me does very little to help.

I realize that is heavy hand and don't mean to say any person in particular just "gives it to God" and walks away. I realize there are a tons of people who do the opposite.

After re-reading this, I realize now, for us there is no solution to this.

Either you want to blame God somehow or seek something from this, from him. Then to me there is the possibility that there is no God that really cares if your molested or not.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 31st Jul, 2012 - 5:28am

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2012 - 6:12am / Post ID: #

Bible: Child Abuse
A Friend

Abuse Child Bible

[..]

As far as Jesus, God didn't do anything to His son (except be very proud of Him)....Jesus CHOSE to come here, live as a mortal man, show that it can be done without sin, and chose to make Himself the sacrifice to atone for ALL the sins of everyone for the rest of time - pretty major debasement for the perfect Son of God.

No more need for unblemished animals intermittently as previous Jewish custom per Old Testament. The end of one era, the beginning of a new era as promised by God to Abraham. Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies.

If anyone did something to Jesus, it was Herod, the Pharisees and Sadducees, Pilot, unbelieving mob, and the Romans soldiers, every sinner who ever lived. But they could not have done ANYTHING to Jesus He didn't ALLOW them to do. And he arose three days later to show that Death has no hold over Him or us. That we are immortal and can have eternal paradise with God.
(similar to Celtic "Isle of Light and Youth")

Jesus could've sat up in Heaven, let the status quo continue and today there would be no such thing as Christians. He exercised HIS free will out of love for us and His own desire to change the way things were (Jesus was a radical during his time on earth...anti-establishment for that era, his teachings contain a lot of Eastern philosophical principles...)

Next...when you discuss punishment, consequences, for these evil perpetrators...how do you know they aren't ever punished? Why do you seem to believe the punishment must be immediate? That it must be public for us all to see and know about? Or even in this lifetime? How do you know that person doesn't get the 'wrath of God' after death? For eternity? Or some similar consequence after this death...as reincarnation would tell us?

It's difficult to prove a negative, isn't it? To prove that there isn't punishment after death? Or reward?

But I've seen Karma at work in this world, too, quite often - negative people draw negativity into their lives, it's the law of attraction. Believe it or not. Thoughts are THINGS - chemical, electromagnetic things. Because we can't see them we consider them abstractly - but they are quite physical in existence.
(Would love to discuss that with you sometime and some of the scientific proof)

I'm not sure how the "Why does God allow Child Abuse?"topic was begun...but I agree with you that this discussion does nothing to resolve or improve the issue. Seems rather like idle speculation to me in a way and would prefer a more problem-solving oriented strain of conversation if child abuse is to be the topic.

I responded initially because I was abused in multiple ways when young and gave my own personal response and opinion to the question.
Having survived what I experienced, then training and working with abused children for years, I feel entitled to discuss the topic from several different aspects and viewpoints.

Guess what? I sense when I'm around a s-xual predator. My skin tingles, or crawls actually, in a way that it never does any other time. I ignored it until several times it was proven because the person was arrested later for s-xual child abuse. I can't explain that, have closely thought about any signs I might have picked up on subconsciously...nothing. Can't explain it.
So - if you can explain that, go for it, because I would love to know the answer.

As far as anti-God, I don't let that offend me or dislike anyone for it.

But we should probably avoid talking politics right now.... smile.gif
I'm doing so much of that on my website, organizations I support, and on twitter, I'm burnt out on it.
This site is my 'get away from politics' site.

Other than that I'm game to discuss anything you want to bring up.

31st Jul, 2012 - 7:55am / Post ID: #

Bible: Child Abuse Revealed Bible The

I thought about what you wrote. It made me think maybe God's punishments do exist on a timeline that I can't know. Sadly that isn't soon enough for me.

I have been enjoying this discussion though and appreciate your feedback.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2012 - 8:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Abuse Child Bible

I've enjoyed our interactions as well. I know what you mean about wanting immediate consequences, also, only too well.

Rather off topic, but...
If I ever get the nerve, I'm going to try one of your medieval RPG games since I'm an avid PSone video RPG collector and have most of them in like new condition. I like the magical elements though and currently I see yours is a low magic one. I feel a bit intimidated, too, since I don't really know what to expect. You'll see me show up one of these days. wink.gif

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2012 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Abuse Child Bible

Name: Jake

Comments: These are some of the ultimate tests we have to go through. When there is a serious challenge in front of us it either brings us closer to God or far from him.

Post Date: 23rd May, 2014 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

"Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate"
-- Titus 1:15-16, KJV Bible

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2014 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Bible Child Abuse - Page 3

Abortion Clinic Failed to Report Abuse of 13-Year-Old, Man Raped Her "Almost Every Day" for Years

In 2010, John F. Szorady was sentenced to 74 years in prison for repeatedly raping an Ohio girl, beginning when she was 13 in 2004 through February, 2009, when she went to police. Ref. Source 9

31st Oct, 2014 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Bible Child Abuse The Bible Revealed - Page 3

This might not sound very Christian-like but I wish there was a law that made you experience the same things you inflict on others. Time in prison can't repair the young lady's life. Perhaps there will be a proper judgement in the next life.

+  1 2 3 4 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Bible: Child Abuse

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,