Halloween & Bible

Halloween Bible - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 4th Sep, 2010 - 2:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2007 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Halloween & Bible

Halloween & Bible

Does the Bible say anything about participating in events like Halloween?

Sponsored Links:
12th Oct, 2007 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

Bible and Halloween

Well, the Bible talks about witchcraft and those sort of things that some people connects with Halloween. I suppose it all depends on who is interpreting those passages and how the person feels he/she is celebrating the holiday.

12th Oct, 2007 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

Halloween & Bible Revealed Bible The

I have always just been told we are not to participate in worldly thing as it leads Christians into sin. This leads on to question why does a church place a christmas tree in the worship area and not participate in Halloween as both are non biblically based. My answer, Satans way of creeping into that which he prefers to destroy.

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2007 - 6:35am / Post ID: #

Halloween & Bible
A Friend

Bible and Halloween

I'm not an expert in this but from what I've picked up here and there I think that Halloween and Christmas are modern versions of ancient, pagan traditions.

Halloween was originally a time of year when people thought the spirit and physical worlds were thin so groups of people walked around making loud noises to scare the bad spirits away. How this developed to children coming to your house squealing "Trick or Treat!" I do not know but I wouldn't condemn them for it. They are having fun, after all.

Christmas is when Christians celebrate Christ's birth, true. But it occurs in December because after Christianity made its way to Europe, people (being scared of the dark and worried the sun wasn't going to come back after it appeared to weaken over winter) continued to perform some kind of festival to encourage the sun's return. Clever Christians introduced a celebration of Christi's birth (not in so cynical way as that sounds-I'm sure it was done with good intent) at the same time to fix it in people's mind. It also rang true with the cultural situation of the time.

So, how did we get to Christmas trees? Possibly dressing a tree brightly was part of that festival and it simply carried forward.

Again, it is a harmless piece of fluff now but has a long history that you can't discount.

There are similarities with the celebration of Easter. Previous to Christianity, every culture had some kind of re-birth celebration and welcoming back of the sun at this time. It's not too big a stretch to then match that to Jesus' rising after death (which was essentially what people believed the Earth did with every seasonal cycle).

Conclusion: our group celebrations go back much further that we every really think of.

Post Date: 9th Nov, 2007 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Halloween & Bible
A Friend

Bible and Halloween

The christmas tree is a continuation of the Norse yule log. Yet another tradition that christians stole and twisted to fit into their religion!

Many cultures used holly to ward off evil during the winter which was changed into xmas wreaths and adopted by xtians.

Pretty much all customs that are still around were ways early xtians used to corrupt others into believing in their religion. What xtians couldnt stamp out they adopted into their customs.

Post Date: 9th Nov, 2007 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

Halloween & Bible

This Thread is entitled 'Halloween & Bible', please do not stray from the Topic.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Nov, 2007 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Halloween & Bible

The Bible does not mention the specific word Halloween, but we should not do anything that looks like evil. Now I am not saying that Halloween is evil, no, I am saying that you can leave the dark element out. Instead of dressing up as a mass murderer you can go as Spider-man. Instead of trying to scare everyone you can bring a smile to their face.

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2010 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Halloween & Bible The Bible Revealed

Are ghosts among us? Many believe in spirits, but churches offer stern warnings

Spirits are a real aspect of Christianity.

Indeed, a "ghost" in the Biblical sense can be the spirit of the dead, as in Jesus Christ "gave up the ghost" when he died on the cross (John 19:30).

They can also be devils, demons or unclean spirits. Ref. Source 8

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Halloween & Bible

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,