United National Congress - UNC - Page 3 of 5

JB: QUOTE Is it just me or does the UNC seem - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 6th Nov, 2007 - 3:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Best of  United National Congress,UNC Trinidad and Tobago Political Party
13th Oct, 2007 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

United National Congress - UNC - Page 3

Basdeo

Funny you mentioned that cap, when I first saw it I thought it was a one off thing, but now he wears it all the time and he looks ridiculous. It makes him look like a dying communist.

Jack

Jack defended himself a lot in his last speech saying that the PNM were making fun of him because he cannot speak properly. You know up until that time I wondered if anyone else noticed that he spoke like he had no education or if it was just me who was in disbelief that a person with that level of linguist skills could reach to the heights of FIFA and politics. First you have to give Jack one thing - he is a go getter! Second, I really do not believe you should make fun of the way someone talks, but I do believe some public speech classes are definitely in order especially if you want to represent a nation.

Kamla

After her last speech I really did not pay attention to her second rant from the podium, but I do recall her say "I was the one..." a lot followed by all the things she has done for the party and politics.

Recently Dookeran said that if Kamla was really the leader of the UNC then he may have talked about a unification to ouster the PNM - I was surprised he said that since it is obvious that Pamela is just a follower.

Sponsored Links:
15th Oct, 2007 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

UNC Congress National United

Pandey time is up but like he does not want to leave. Please excuse my proper English since I am to be using the Queen's English!
There will be a time for 'no pan dey in the party' ( I could not resist that) meaning Panday will not be around forever!

Sorry moderator for my slip!

15th Oct, 2007 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

United National Congress - UNC Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I wonder... who has more say in the UNC Alliance right now: Panday or Warner? Also, how will you all like Warner as Prime Minister? To tell you the truth, I just cannot see that.

16th Oct, 2007 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 UNC Congress National United

The old sly fox is still in charge, regardless of who is the chairman or leader of the UNC. Panday is merely fulfilling a promise to Jack Warner by appointing him as Chairman of UNC. I think this joint alliance highlights how obsessed Panday is over power and control. He did not want Kamla as a leader, so do we all really expect Panday to just hand over the reigns of power to Jack Warner? Of course not! Everyone knows the real reason why Jack Warner is now the chairman of UNC: he is the one who is actually financing the UNC campaign.

Panday took over and every time Warner could not answer a question (he does not seem to be talented in the public speech area) he would turn to Bas and say "Please, Mr. Panday, you answer that".

The above quote speaks volumes about who is really in control of the UNC. Jack Warner, believe it or not, is just Panday's puppet. It would be interesting to see if UNC wins, who will be the Prime Minister? I would be stunned if Panday steps aside and allows Jack Warner to take up the post.

The leader of what?

Even though I am taking the above out of context, I consider this to be a very ironical and prophetic statement, coming from Basdeo Panday. As long as Panday allows his greed and lust for power to cloud his judgement, UNC can be considered a dying party. Panday and Warner have failed to recognized that the public is watching and no one will forget how Kamla Persad-Bissessar was treated by Panday. If Panday stops being so self absorbed, he would realize that the only way for the UNC to win this elections, would be to step aside and allow Kamla to become the opposition leader.

1st Nov, 2007 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

UNC Congress National United

Is it just me or does the UNC seem to be focussed only on:

1. Having the biggest rallies ever
2. Inviting stars and celebrities from all over the world
3. Talking about how much the COP should join the UNC

If anything I remember about the UNC in the last five years is this... everything that the PNM wanted to do they simply said "no". I know you have to be in opposition, but when it came to the bail bill for holding kidnappers they also said "no" to do that too. Then they say they will solve crime?

2nd Nov, 2007 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

United National Congress - UNC

To tell you all the truth I will have myself a good laugh if they lose this election with all that hype they doing. Maybe they will blame Dookeran for the lost.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Nov, 2007 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

United National Congress UNC - Page 3

Basdeo up to this last minute is appealing to the COP to join them because they fear a lost of many of the marginal seats. If Basdeo really cared then he would step down and allow other people to take over. It still amazes me up to this day that Panday does not see that he is the keep back of the part. UNC could make real leaps if it were not for him. Maybe he does see, but like most power hungry people, they rather see something they worked hard to build up run straight into the ground rather than let someone win.

The other thing, did you see the aftermath of that Aranguez crowd yesterday? The Aranguez ground was littered heavily.

6th Nov, 2007 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

United National Congress UNC Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

JB:

Is it just me or does the UNC seem to be focussed only on:

1. Having the biggest rallies ever
2. Inviting stars and celebrities from all over the world
3. Talking about how much the COP should join the UNC

I think PNM and UNC are both fiercely competing for the title, "who has the best fete!" I believe PNM won with inviting the guest artiste, Sizzla recently. I hope people are not voting based on who had the best fete. rolleyes.gif

UNC must focus on convincing COP to join them because this is the only way to successfully overthrow PNM.

I heard on the news tonight that Winston Dookeran was responding to a question about, someone announcing on a bull horn yesterday that, COP had signed an agreement to join forces with UNC and therefore, people should vote for UNC. Winston Dookeran dismissed this as completely false and was just a rumour. My goodness! It is truly amazing how low some people will stoop just to grab a few votes!

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: United National Congress - UNC

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,