Canada vs USA

Canada Usa - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Nov, 2007 - 10:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »
Canada, Canadian versus USA Canadians vs US Americans - An underlying dislike?
Post Date: 10th Oct, 2007 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Canada vs USA

Canadians Vs. US Americans

Is it true that generally Canadians do not like US Americans?

Sponsored Links:
10th Oct, 2007 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

USA Canada

laugh.gif I would love to know the answer to that question! Most Canadians I spoke to seem like they do not like "American Culture", I am not sure if this is taken to a personal level though.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

11th Oct, 2007 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Canada vs USA History & Civil Business Politics

There are at least 40 Canadian mothers in the US at this moment that should be happy with us. (US) The news just said that if a Canadian baby decides to come early, or there is any other kind of emergency, Canadian Drs. send the emergencies across the border to the US because all their beds are full. (Sorry Mary, no room at the inn.) They say the Canadian health care system works (fairly) well if you don't get in a hurry. And this is what Hillary wants for us? (US) I don't think Americans would put up with it for 5 minutes.

Reconcile Edited: mousetrails on 11th Oct, 2007 - 1:01am

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 102 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.2%

11th Oct, 2007 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

USA Canada

Mousetails that last statement is just why we are not overly fancy on yanks. Rude pushy and all memememe. Yes our health care system needs some tlc but at least I can see a doctor even if I am a street bum. Our medicine is still cheaper than yours to by they way. May I ask also what do you pay monthly for medical coverage? Assuming a person(not you personally Mousetails) is working and can afford to pay it. Americans are always ready to say look at the tax you pay but they fail to add what they pay for the same services(The service received may be different in quality.).

My biggest grief is how the states likes to think they are just better than us in all ways. We have flaws who does not. In my limited travel I find people are people so no it really is not on a personal basis that friction between the two occurs. More I think it is the overall perceived virtues of the two countries, this might stem from leaders and their actions as well as feed back from other countries.

I know this is changing but I would love to ask if Americans are better then us then why when traveling abroad do they sew on Canadian flags and emblems rather then their own flag? This is a question stemming from people I know in England, Trinidad, Barbados, Jamaica and Germany.

I think the worse part in the States is Hollywood and all the stuff that flows out of it into the world. Some movies are great but so many are promoting worldly thoughts and values. I personally have separated Hollwoodism (if there was such a word) from Americanism as I hear many Americans complain of the same thing. I also am finding the youth are buying into this more then ever. This even applies more so to the Music industry. I try not to place these two factors in when I think of the States as I am not convinced that the whole world is not to blames on this movement, it just happens to be in the USA.

Perhaps Big brother USA is a tad jealous of our snow and warm hearts oh yes our fresh water supply that they are so ready to drain off for us.

One grief I have with Canada has been the lack of acceptance of Canadian music and movies. So many time we have great talented people and instead of promoting them here and helping them we let them drift to the States.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

11th Oct, 2007 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

USA Canada

I was not aware that there existed some kind of animosity beteen the US and Canada. I wonder if it is based on either pride or envy? Perhaps there are legitimate concerns as America does not have the greatest image overseas, but I thought America and Canada were best of friends?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

11th Oct, 2007 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Canada vs USA

DarkScribe I think best friends is what they would like and strive for, perhaps financial partners would be a better description.

Does any one have some thoughts on the USA and Canada being best friends?

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Nov, 2007 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Canada vs USA
A Friend

Canada USA

I always thought it was the other way around with Americans hating Canadians and so on since they seem to always make fun of them.

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2007 - 10:23am / Post ID: #

Canada vs USA
A Friend

Canada USA Politics Business Civil & History

I think the worse part in the States is Hollywood and all the stuff that flows out of it into the world.

YES! If you want you can have the whole of California, the US would be better off as their smug is polluting the US.

I've been to Canada several times and can't really tell the difference between the two countries. Minus the different flag of course. Due to my assistance with an accident, I had a chance to talk with a paramedic about the health care system. His thoughts were too little for too much, the amount of taxation wasn't really worth the services rendered by the state.
A question for the Canadians here, why is it that animosity from the locals towards the US seems to lessen the further north you go? I could only assume that it was due to less tourist in the area, and no one really likes tourists.

This is just from me and my experiences in the US, but I don't see why so many people have problems with the USA. It's safe, there's a decent education system if you want to learn, it's affordable, tons of employment, and the opportunity to advance. Since my family came to the US in 93, the country has been very good to us.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Canada vs USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,