Julie B. Beck - General Relief Society President - Page 4 of 4

Release of Julie B. Beck A few minutes later - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Apr, 2012 - 11:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Julie B. Becks
Mothers Who Know - The so called 'controversial' talk by Sis. Julie Bangerter Beck, General Relief Society President - Updated to follow up on other talks
7th Apr, 2010 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Julie B. Beck - General Relief Society President - Page 4

Yes I heard those words and I was taken back a little bit because I think those words will be used against some good sisters by some not so kind husbands. However I appreciate her honesty and the fact that she doesn't speak with this baby voice but she speaks with boldness and strength.

Sponsored Links:
9th Apr, 2010 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

President Society Relief General Beck B Julie

I read the text of Sister Beck's conference talk, and she was actually quoting Eliza R. Snow from 1869. I think it was to illustrate her point about the influences of this world that make us desire to be women of leisure or objects of adoration, when we have been given "high responsibilities" in this life.

22nd Apr, 2010 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Julie B. Beck - General Relief Society President Studies Doctrine Mormon

Let's not forget that Julie Beck's talk is sanctioned by the First Presidency so basically they've put their stamp o approval on it long before you decide whether you will.

22nd Apr, 2010 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 President Society Relief General Beck B Julie

According to Elder Anderson ( I believe it was him) this past conference, they do not approve the talks before conference. So they are hearing it for the first time as well. So I am not sure what you mean that they approve it long before we decide too.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. See Constructive Posting Policy.

22nd Apr, 2010 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

President Society Relief General Beck B Julie

I don't recall him saying that where is the quote?

I didn't hear anything from the First Presidency disapproving Julie Bank's talk so I guess it is sanctioned isn't it.

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2010 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Julie B. Beck - General Relief Society President

Mormon women told to 'choose this day to serve' at BYU Women's Conference

The annual conference, which is co-sponsored by the LDS Relief Society and BYU, began in the Marriott Center on Thursday morning, where women met together and sang the hymn "Scatter Sunshine." This year's conference theme, "Choose ye this day to serve the Lord," was taken from Moses 6:33-34. [..] Sister Julie B. Beck, Relief Society general president, spoke to women of the importance of prioritizing their energy and pursuits as they seek spiritual direction. Ref. Source 2

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jan, 2012 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Julie B. Beck General Relief Society President - Page 4

Sister Julie B. Beck: A refuge in these difficult days

"What the Lord envisioned regarding quorums and Relief Society has not yet been fully utilized," said the Church's Relief Society general president. "Many quorums and Relief Societies are at present much like sleeping giants waiting for you to breathe new life into them." Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2012 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

Julie B. Beck General Relief Society President Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

Release of Julie B. Beck

A few minutes later there was another audible reaction when President Uchtdorf announced the release of Julie B. Beck, Silvia H. Allred and Barbara Thompson as the General Relief Society presidency of the church. Ref. Source 2

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Julie B. Beck - General Relief Society President

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,