Presidents And Prophets

Presidents Prophets - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 31st May, 2010 - 3:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

LDS Book Review
13th Oct, 2007 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Presidents And Prophets

Presidents and Prophets

If you have read 'Presidents and Prophets' by Michael K. Winder then please give a review here.

QUOTE (Facts from the Book)
President William McKinley knew Lorenzo Snow from his boyhood in Ohio.

President Gerald R. Ford had one hundred Primary children sing "I am a Child of God" to him on the White House Lawn.

Heber J. Grant referred to President Theodore Roosevelt when he said, "I think he was nearer converted to the truth than any man who ever occupied the presidential chair."

President Ronald Reagan quoted the words of Alma in a letter he wrote to Senator Jake Garn's son when he was on a mission.

Former President Calvin Coolidge received a priesthood blessing by Reed Smoot shortly before his death.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2007 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Prophets Presidents

Name: Debi

Comments: I was given a copy of Presidents and Prophets in October, and have since decided to get one for Christmas for all of my married kids. It is an awesome gift book because it transcends so many potential readers! It is so fascinating to read because of all of the new factoids you learn, and it is easy to read because of the format (each president has their own chapter, there are hundreds of photos, and there are bullet points of interesting items.).

At the end of each chapter are endnotes, and if you are really into history you'll find the bibliography alone to be a gold mine.

I highly recommend Presidents and Prophets!

Post Date: 31st May, 2010 - 3:52am / Post ID: #

Presidents And Prophets Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Aimee

Comments: I loved "Presidents and Prophets!" It is a fascinating book, but probably would not be to a non-LDS reader. Very well written and very interesting!

> TOPIC: Presidents And Prophets

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,