M Russell Ballard - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 31st Jan, 2016 - 12:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

M. Russell Ballard
Post Date: 16th Oct, 2007 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

M. Russell Ballard

LDS HISTORIC SITES GROUP HONORS ELDER BALLARD
See Source

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - The Mormon Historic Sites Foundation recently presented Elder M. Russell Ballard with the Junius F. Wells Award for his involvement in the development of several historic monuments, including Ensign Peak Nature Park and This Is the Place Heritage Park, during a dinner at the BYU Conference Center in Provo.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2009 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

Ballard Russell M

Elder Ballard honored by Catholic Community Services

Elder M. Russell Ballard accepts the "Humanitarian Award" from Pamela J. Atkinson and Monsignor J. Terrence Fitzgerald at the Catholic Community Services of Utah Awards Dinner on Nov. 18. The event was attended by President Thomas S. Monson and other General Authorities. Ref. Source 4

M. Russell Ballard
M. Russell Ballard (Hover)

24th Nov, 2009 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

M. Russell Ballard Studies Doctrine Mormon

Sometimes I wonder if it is good to accept all these awards for helping those in need, I dunno folks. I would rather not accept awards from men particularly in topics as this ya know but that's just me.

28th Nov, 2009 - 8:26am / Post ID: #

Ballard Russell M

Would it be better had he not accepted these honors and offend well meaning individuals?

Honoring your fellow man for good works is a noble endeavor and should not be discouraged, in my opinion. These awards seem more a show of Gratitude rather then a elevation of ego.

It is our worship of celebrity in the Western World that should be discouraged, not the recognition of a good life.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 28th Nov, 2009 - 8:30am

10th Jun, 2010 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Ballard Russell M

I don't see a problem with it really. I think is a good opportunity for the Church to be exposed as well.

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2010 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

M. Russell Ballard

Elder M. Russell Ballard outlines gospel principles

Elder Ballard, who quoted several Book of Mormon passages from 2 Nephi 31 to emphasize the plainness of Christ's gospel, drew somewhat from his talk given a month ago at the church's semi-annual general conference in Salt Lake City. There, he presented an analogy comparing a fly fisherman's lure to the devil's enticements. Ref. Source 1

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th May, 2014 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

M. Russell Ballard

Elder Ballard becomes first LDS apostle to tweet

Going by the Twitter handle @M_RBallard, Elder M. Russell Ballard sent a tweet Sunday night. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2016 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

M. Russell Ballard Mormon Doctrine Studies

Elder Ballard's regret

In a devotional at the Salt Lake Institute, Elder Ballard shared with Latter-day students one of his biggest regrets. After Univeristy of Utah president, David Pershing, told students to put getting a degree on their life plan, Elder Ballard added, "His counsel for you to graduate, you ought to do that because I made a mistake. When I was taking business courses from professors here at the University, I’d gotten the crazy idea that I was making more money than the teachers were making. ... I was, I guess, a fairly good salesman, so I got confused and I didn’t finish my last year. I’ve regretted that my whole lifetime. I wish I’d had someone like President Pershing pushing me like he pushed you here tonight.” Ref. Source 6h.

> TOPIC: M. Russell Ballard

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,